Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have been feeling like my brakes have been dragging when taking off and also a bit of a vibration with it as well.I had a bit of brake dust up front and decided to go through all the corners and clean up under the hardware and lube the slide pins a month ago.Today after being on the highway for 20 minutes a I pulled off and checked each corners temps and the rears were in the 120s and the fronts in the 190s.Any idea what it can be? Brakes,hub bearings,drive shaft,Diffs?

Truck has 62,000 miles.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a similar issue with a brake caliper dragging and not releasing, even after 4 new calipers, 4 new rotors and a full set of pads. In my case it turned out to be the rubber hydraulic hose on the front driver side. Might be worth taking a look at those, they are relatively inexpensive as well.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starting to think it’s not the brakes.I’m hearing a growling noise.Today when going up some steep hills loaded the growling noise was more pronounced so when I started the descent I put the truck in neutral and it coasted just fine with no noise.Put it back in gear and it started all over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts