Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TAINTED SUSPENSION
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004.5 LLY duramax, Solid Front Axle.

So I have a Dana 60 Front Solid Axle Up Front. I have changed the hydro boost pump the master cylinder and all the brakes rotors and anything but the brake lines. The truck was driving fine for a few miles and then the brakes would lock up. I would have to use my scanner tool to do an abs purge and then it would drive for a very short time until it locks up again. I have taken it to a shop and they replaced the hydro boost and pulled the master to bleed it but it still locks up. anyone have any ideas on what it could be? It is all 4 wheels locking up.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
When you release the brake pedal after stopping, the shaft in the MC must move far enough rearwards to fully seat in the 'resting' position, i.e. exposing the proper port. If it does not move enough, the port may remain covered and may cause this problem. This is something you will have to test. Maybe have to move the MC forward a little by inserting a washer or two between the MC and the mounting surface.

·
TAINTED SUSPENSION
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you release the brake pedal after stopping, the shaft in the MC must move far enough rearwards to fully seat in the 'resting' position, i.e. exposing the proper port. If it does not move enough, the port may remain covered and may cause this problem. This is something you will have to test. Maybe have to move the MC forward a little by inserting a washer or two between the MC and the mounting surface.
I will try that. Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts