Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 05 LLY Silverado, first it started with the rear left caliper sticking. So I replaced it and eventually it stuck again. Then a few days later I was pulling my car trailer (having to use the brakes a bit harder) the front left stuck. Now almost everytime I drive it the front right sticks. Ive replaced the master cylinder with a used one and still have the problem. Oh yeah and when it does stick, the pedal gets rock hard. I dont wanna keep throwing parts at it till I find a definite fix. Thank you!

Premium Member
Are you lubricating it/them properly?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not the caliper/mounts themselves, I just had all new brakes professionally installed less than 6 months ago. The problem started with the rear left caliper. I replaced it with a new one and it still stuck, then it went from there to the front left and now front right. If you let it sit for 10-15 min after it starts to stick it goes away.

Premium Member
It is not the caliper/mounts themselves, I just had all new brakes professionally installed less than 6 months ago.
To me, 'all new brakes' would be;
4 new rotors, 4 new calipers/mounts, 4 new pad sets, 2 new drum-in-hat parking brake shoe & hardware sets, and 5 new SS brake lines (if DRW, new axle seals also). And of course, a whole system fluid flush.

Was all of this done?

If the slide pins are not cleaned & greased properly, it'll stick even if new.
If you use too much grease, it can stick too.
If your brake lines are old/worn/cracked, that'll give you problems also.

Master cylinder or Hydro-Boost issues will affect all four wheels, not just one. ABS probs would be different also.

Center on the individual wheel for the cause. Pull the front right, clean and lube the slide pins. Inspect the brake line too.

Registered
Flush the fluid! Also have someone with a scan tool turn on the ABS pump and do an automated bleed. You wont believe the change in pedal feel. There are check valves in the ABS pump, probably sticking causing your issue.

Registered
Having same issue, started with rear, thought it was emergency brakes since it all replaced 2 months prior. However the issued moved to the front right brake. I replaced ABS Module, rear calipers and brakes, was in process of doing fronts before i got mobilized.

Registered
I have a 05 LLY Silverado, first it started with the rear left caliper sticking. So I replaced it and eventually it stuck again. Then a few days later I was pulling my car trailer (having to use the brakes a bit harder) the front left stuck. Now almost everytime I drive it the front right sticks. Ive replaced the master cylinder with a used one and still have the problem. Oh yeah and when it does stick, the pedal gets rock hard. I dont wanna keep throwing parts at it till I find a definite fix. Thank you!
Did you ever find out what your problem is? My front right has been sticking an cannot find the problem

Registered
Could be the flexible part of the brake line, allowing fluid into the caliper but not letting it out, or it could be the caliper. You can tell if it's the line by putting pressure in the line (step on the brake, then foot off) and then open the bleeder, it's probably the line, else it's probably the caliper.

Registered
Could be the flexible part of the brake line, allowing fluid into the caliper but not letting it out, or it could be the caliper. You can tell if it's the line by putting pressure in the line (step on the brake, then foot off) and then open the bleeder, it's probably the line, else it's probably the caliper.
i put new caliper,pads, an that 2 ft brake line on, still same thing

Registered
To me, 'all new brakes' would be;
4 new rotors, 4 new calipers/mounts, 4 new pad sets, 2 new drum-in-hat parking brake shoe & hardware sets, and 5 new SS brake lines (if DRW, new axle seals also). And of course, a whole system fluid flush.

Was all of this done?

If the slide pins are not cleaned & greased properly, it'll stick even if new.
If you use too much grease, it can stick too.
If your brake lines are old/worn/cracked, that'll give you problems also.

Master cylinder or Hydro-Boost issues will affect all four wheels, not just one. ABS probs would be different also.

Center on the individual wheel for the cause. Pull the front right, clean and lube the slide pins. Inspect the brake line too.
I have an 06 and I am currently stuck on the side of the road with a horse on a trailer with this exact problem....Don't have a clue what to do

Registered
I have an 06 and I am currently stuck on the side of the road with a horse on a trailer with this exact problem....Don't have a clue what to do
Did you figure it out?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts