Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found this efi live autocal v2, and I was wondering how to I test to make sure I'll be able to use it, it is supposedly brand new never plugged in before. Like how do I know if it's going to work on my 2005 chevy lly duramax
-thank you

·
Administrator
16,976 Posts
An AutoCal is sold by a tuner most typically linked / locked to that tuner. You would need that tuner to provide you tunes for your truck, buy a VIN license if the one it came with is used and then flash the truck. If it's truley brand new, then it needs to be linked to a tuners v2 and tunes provided.

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you know its legit, you can install and give it a go. ATP is no longer but well respected. Do you know if its a single tune? What tune is it (high HP or tow tune etc etc). LOTS of variables here. In that plastic bag, is that a round rotary switch? If so that is a 5 tune DSP setup, (adjustable on the fly). You'll need install that hardware first to your ECM then load up the setup. If you use it, MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR STOCK TUNE. I cannot stress this enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you know its legit, you can install and give it a go. ATP is no longer but well respected. Do you know if its a single tune? What tune is it (high HP or tow tune etc etc). LOTS of variables here. In that plastic bag, is that a round rotary switch? If so that is a 5 tune DSP setup, (adjustable on the fly). You'll need install that hardware first to your ECM then load up the setup. If you use it, MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR STOCK TUNE. I cannot stress this enough.
Ok, thank you for the info, its been very helpful

·
Administrator
16,976 Posts
Each tune is specific to a truck, you can't just take any tune and flash it on with an AutoCal. You can contact EFI Live and pay a fee to have it released from ATP Trucks and then get it tied to a new tuner. Be careful to select the right tuner, a good newer vs bad tuner is not necessarily immediately noticeable. It's unfortunately Rob retired as he was one of the best.

Reactions: Stroked06Goat

·
Registered
317 Posts
MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR STOCK TUNE. I cannot stress this enough.
At the risk of derailing the thread... how do you save your stock tune? I am new to EFI Live also and have an autoCal setup very similar to what is pictured. I got mine to tune for the SAC 45s but my instructions just tell you to arrow down to PROGRAM FULL which my guess will overwrite my stock tune. I tried doing a bit of searching and find steps that say to read the stock tune. Is that all there is to saving the stock files? Will reading my files overwrite the tuning on the autoCal?

·
Administrator
16,976 Posts
Read the tune, it will add it as a file to the AutoCal; it will not overwrite the file.

Once you flash the ECM it will overwrite the stock file though.

The ECM can only hold 1 tune file where the AutoCal or a V2 can hold multiple depending on memory and file size.

Reactions: RaticalM4
1 - 8 of 8 Posts