Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be picking up my new 2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ, CC, LB, DRW, DMax next Saturday. I know the operators manual says under 55mph for the first 500 miles and then gradually up after that. I have always had the opinion that if you baby a new vehicle in the beginning it will be sluggish later. The dealer says that the vehicle has a computer that adjust its whatever to your driving habits? I would like to hook onto our heavy 5th wheel camper shortly after the 500 miles for a 2,000 mile round trip and was thinking of having the oil changed before hand. Any thoughts on this situation will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
Go ahead and do it. Companies that buy vehicles don't have time to have someone go out and "break in" a truck. I wouldn't hammer down on it a lot, but you ain't gonna hurt it holmes.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I'd say go for it . As long as your not just hot Rodding around it will be fine it's made to tow right away.

·
Ain't lookin' back
278 Posts
We drove ours from the dealership, 68 miles to home, at speeds between 45-65mph. It took us 3 days to hit 500 miles.

But I agree, don't go crazy right off the bat, but you don't have to baby that beast of a vehicle. :cool:

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts