Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own a 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 with an LLY Duramax in it and im having issues with my breaks. Its not everytime but sometimes when I start to break from about 45 MPH or over the truck will starts to shake.And once I am almost to a complete stop it all of the sudden looses all of its breaking power. It feels like it just releases the breaks right before it comes to a complete stop. I originally thought it was the HydroBoost break assist but I just replaced that and it did not change anything. So now I think it must be the Master Cylinder or the Power Steering Pump. Does anyone know what this might be?

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Could be your PS pump, also could be warped disks.

I was chasing a similar issue for a long time, finally got fed up and replaced all 4 rotors, calipers, pads and short hoses to calipers and the problem disappeared.

I know that is overkill but as I said, I was fed up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Could be your PS pump, also could be warped disks.

I was chasing a similar issue for a long time, finally got fed up and replaced all 4 rotors, calipers, pads and short hoses to calipers and the problem disappeared.

I know that is overkill but as I said, I was fed up.
It was not over kill. With the age and mileage of your truck, you did the smart thing. You do not have to go, but you do have to stop. I just did the exact same thing to a Suburban in April, it was not cheap, but the damn thing stops without drama.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I always change Rotors and new pads every brake job I do, It's not worth trying to reuse old parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts