Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

361 - 380 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Your money is tied up in those transmission parts you ordered. It's already gone...

Good job on the win. Vid shows your 60 ft times were better than posted.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
DOT is cracking down on illegal HIDs and uncovered lights/lightbars (no SAE or DOT markings on the light, if they have these markings they are OK). Starts in November. Just a heads up to cover them lights and hope they ignore all your blue HID headlights.

$175 fine for uncovered lights, no warnings will be handed out.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I find it very dumb for people to put in hug bulbs that blind the drivers coming towards you especially the smaller vehicles. I lost a vehicle because a jerk had his snow plow bug eyes on and he was stopped at the base of a hill with all his lights on I could not see past him scratch one bambi and one pickup. The gutless piece of ---- did not stay around, it was 2:00 AM. I also find it stupid to drive with your driving lights on in the daylight.
Just because you can see does not mean the driver coming towards you can and he may drive towards you. There was an incident were a guy dropped a bottle out the window at a unit with huge lights, I am sure it cost the guy a few bucks.
Just a thought!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I find it very dumb for people to put in hug bulbs that blind the drivers coming towards you especially the smaller vehicles. I lost a vehicle because a jerk had his snow plow bug eyes on and he was stopped at the base of a hill with all his lights on I could not see past him scratch one bambi and one pickup. The gutless piece of ---- did not stay around, it was 2:00 AM. I also find it stupid to drive with your driving lights on in the daylight.
Just because you can see does not mean the driver coming towards you can and he may drive towards you. There was an incident were a guy dropped a bottle out the window at a unit with huge lights, I am sure it cost the guy a few bucks.
Just a thought!
I agree, the same goes for the guys that retrofit HID's into a halogen bulb housing. The light goes everywhere and practically blinds you if you're heading towards it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
First thing I did to my pickup is take out the low beam hids although I kept the high and fogs. A good set of halogen low beams are just as good. But my high beams will always be hid

·
Registered
361 Posts
Totally disagree.... HID's rock, just gotta have them aimed right. Nobody ever does, especially if they level the truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've never had a set of hids not blind me from 1/4 mile away, now 60% of them are hid and the dot approved factory lights on the rigs are the worst

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I've never had a set of hids not blind me from 1/4 mile away, now 60% of them are hid and the dot approved factory lights on the rigs are the worst
Most of those are led, $800 a headlight.

Hid highs are utterly useless. Had'm, got pissed at'm, tossed them. Utter rubbish. Only hids I have are in my lows in a set of morimoto mini 6.0's. And aimed low to make sure they don't blind small cars while I'm at a light even...not an easy task :S

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Most of those are led, $800 a headlight.

Hid highs are utterly useless. Had'm, got pissed at'm, tossed them. Utter rubbish. Only hids I have are in my lows in a set of morimoto mini 6.0's. And aimed low to make sure they don't blind small cars while I'm at a light even...not an easy task :S
It's too bad you're one of the few guys out there that take the time to adjust your headlights so you don't blind the other guy. :thumb I wish there were more people out there like you. I wouldn't have so many spots in my eyes after driving at night. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
577 Posts
My highs are the best I've had and their hid. I had led lights on my buncher, I told the salesman to either put the hids back or stuff the machine you know where! Haha tho I've never had them on a pickup, I'm turned right off of them

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
There useless as a high beam just because of the warm up time. Even with my retrofit, I still use a halogen bulb for my highs, maybe I'm just different lol. And I don't have the projectors hooked up to my highs, so they are dedicated lows. I may hook the shutters up to the highs at some point but for now they are just overkill.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just do the all on mod.... Lows are Lows, highs are lows, highs and fogs... Therefore no delay ☺

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
577 Posts
I only notice the warm up time the first time I turn them on then not much at all. (But i know what you mean) I run 8 hids at once and traded the unit in with 17000 hours on the clock, never changed a single one of them. Buddy brand new Toyota and projected LEDs can't keep them in long enough to get home after work haha faaack that shite

·
Registered
97 Posts
Checking in Here as I don't think I have done so. Living in Surrey, with an 05 with weaping head gaskets.....Looking to do some mods in the spring when the heads get done.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #379
Been a while since I've been on here so I figure ill throw up a couple pictures of the truck

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Anyone got a set of Oem silverado tails laying around they don't want/need? Sourced some from the wreckers but they can only find one side, so hoping someone here has some they don't want. Or if you want to swap sierra for silvy with harnesses I'd be down for that too.

361 - 380 of 432 Posts