·
Registered
10 Posts
checking in, from salmon arm. 06 lbz zf6 twin turbo:gearjamin

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
i used to live back in Vancouver in 2007-2009 but back in new york now.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
There is usually enough support on here to do most of it yourself. If you are at all mechanically inclined, there isn't anything you can't tackle. If you are confident enough, you can even tackle the transmission. Many members have. Check out some of the build threads like: DaJokr's or 1TRIKHD's There are many others, but these two guys both have classic trucks and are "local". Kyle is in Prince George and Russ is in Tacoma.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
The EGR block is a fairly easy and cheap mod, however, it won't get rid of your CEL.

When you change belts, make sure you check the pulleys. Even the slightest noise or rough feeling means imminent failure.

The best first mod that I did was put on the turbo (down pipe) back exhaust. Years of soot had plugged everything up.

I see you tow by your avatar. Check out:
nmeyers cooling stack cleaning thread

Joker put together some useful General Information

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks again. I've read some conflicting info on the whether I need a fingerstick with the FE9 emissions on the LBZ, I probably will. I keep getting P0402 EGR excessive flow. At least if I block it the soot will stop.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I was getting that before I went to EFI Live. I have FE9 emissions on my LBZ too. EFI Live simply turns the EGR function off and tells the computer to ignore any input from the sensors.

I love my tow tunes with the turbo brake, and the daily drive 90 hp tune provides pretty good mileage, way better than stock. DSP5 switching makes it pretty easy to customize your drive.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
You don't need a finger stick. They don't work for everyone either (dig enough and you'll find you have about a 50/50 chance your truck will clear the code). I kept a cheap code reader in my truck to delete the egr code after blocking. It won't affect drivability with the light on though, it's just annoying.

I agree with everything Scott said. If your ever up this way be sure to let me know, I can throw some beers in the fridge and thaw some steaks.

Scott, you coming round this way again this year?

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Hey Kyle, we were just talking about you on Russ's thread. Haven't talked to you in a while.

No, the wife and I are heading to the Caribbean in November. Might do some hunts around here in the next month or so. My oldest son got a deer yesterday in the Harrison Lake area with a buddy of his. We didn't get any LEH draws, so sticking close to home.

Been in renovation hell for the last 6 months and hopefully it's coming to an end soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just recently registered from Vancouver Island.

Can anyone here recommend a reliable and good quality EFI Live Tuner in the lower mainland or on the Island?

DB

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
You are not restricted to local tuners, I don't know of any. The major tunes are ATP (Idaho Rob), PPE (Kory), Moonshine and Motor Ops. Motor Ops is Canadian, but go with a tuner you are comfortable with. They all have good support and ship all over.

·
Registered
37 Posts
another kelowna guy here

381 - 400 of 432 Posts