Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason the fuel pump lost its prime while I slept here last night. So I loosened the valve, primed it, but when i tightened it back it broke off. If anyone in the Kansas City/ Independence area could help with a new one it would be more than greatly appreciated. My number is 850-443-3346 and my name is Spencer. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sorry I'm a far ways from there, but good luck. I'll post for a bump so hopefully someone in your area sees it.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
You can use a metric bolt in place of the plastic screw-- just have a o-ring under it to seal it. Do not over tighten.

The filter housing housing repair kit is available from several vendors on this site-- The Duramax Store, Merchant Auto- they support this Forum.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Damn, I really wish i weren't tdy right now cause i have one just sitting in my garage and i'm only about a half hour or so away from you when I'm in the state lol.. hope everything turns out well bud..
Check out the ppe screw when you get everything back up and going btw, they're so much nicer!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I apologize for not updating sooner, but I have a friend at home in Florida who's from KC and I gave him a call to see if his Pops could pick the part up for me. His dad was out of town, but his buddy pulled through for me. I got 5 spares in the glove now! Thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts