Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My serpentine belt snapped and my tensioner pulley is seized. I sprayed it with wd but if I can't move it should I but another hole tensioner assembly. It's stuck in running position so I can't get the new belt on... Need to get it back asap

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
i would buy another tensioner. but go to the stealership and get an OEM tensioner. i went through 2 aftermarket tensioners and both idler pullys before i figured out the tensioners were garbage straight out of the box. I put an OEM one on and all my belt shreading problems were solved

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
Yeah just get the whole thing. I got mine from the autoparts store. It was only $25 more for the whole tensioner than for just the tensioner pulley.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
give the idlers a spin when you got your hands in there

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
I would change out the idlers. The bearings probably have some play in them now anyway. They run about $20 a piece. Keep the old ones or do a search on here. There was a member that got a part number for just the bearings.

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
^^^^ Great advice. Don't need to blow a belt right after you install a new one...then your belt takes out a wire for the crank pos sensor @ -30 degrees on the side of the highway... then you are really gonna have some fun. (past experience)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts