Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states I fell victim to the broken transmission adapter issue. Of course you read all about the problems people have AFTER you have the problem and not before so you can do PMIs on it. 馃ぃ.. truck has been down a few months from it as before the adapter broke it was slipping but was trying to limp it along till I could afford a rebuild but the adapter broke first.

My question is, with the adapter breaking at 65MPH and the transfer case slamming the cross member or the bottom of the can not sure which, did I mess up the transfer case in the process? Trying to get a good idea of exactly what I am looking at spending besides the cost of a rebuilt transmission drive shafts, and the PPE transmission brace I seen people talk about. What should I look at on the transfer case after I get it out to make sure it didn't get damaged as well?

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
When I say slipping it was going into limp mode if I try to hit the gas trying to pass someone on a 2-lane road.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Bump as I still haven't found any information on this?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Dajokr... Thanks for the information.. hopefully it's not hurt as the transmission itself is going to be costly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts