Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my brother's Pontiac Grand AM started knocking in Sacramento. Looking for options to get it back to ND. Anybody know of any car haulers or good mechanics in the area. A guy can really get taken advantage of out there so any input from locals out there would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
(if itsa v6) 3.1/3.4's all knock considerably all the time... anything more specific you can tell us about whats wrong? And codes ect? Still running fine, just noisy?

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Do you want to fix it or get it brought home??,seems you're kind of undecided....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right I am undecided. BTW the engine is junk for sure. REALLY knocks. Only driveable to get it on a trailer. Options are:

1. Bring it back here.....local mechanic will swap in a good used engine for a total of 1500 bucks. (good mechanic, trust him completely)

2. Try to find someone to fix in CA. (don't know any mechanics or if they are any good)

3. Junk the car (05 pontiac grand am 90,000 miles) only worth about 3 K in working condition.

I can rent a car dolly for about 45 a day and pull my car out for him to use and pull his back I guess, but it would take 4 days and about 800 bucks in fuel.

Weighing all the options.

Input????????

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ask for Brett
B A C Motors
8012 Clifton Rd
Sacramento, CA 95826

(916) 451-4588

tell him Forrest gave him the number

·
7,336 Posts
Well I can tell you that hiring someone to go get it will cost you a good bit,probably more than it is worth[I mean the distance from Cali to ND]...It would be a lot cheaper if you go get it....What is the distance in miles?I can est. the cost of shipping...ANY of your options regarding transporting it will be over 2 bucks a mile,fuel isn't getting cheaper bro,and by the way truck drivers[well owner operators at least] aren't itching to go to Cali unless it pays pretty well....

·
7,336 Posts
Sorry man ..........#3 and cut your losses.....Not to be harsh but this could easily cost you more than it is worth by the time you finish up..just my 2 cents:):drink

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well just got a quote from a car shipping co. to bring it back here. It's only 665 bucks, and it's like 1600 miles! :eek: I don't know how they are making a profit on that. Maybe it's like a 10 car hauler or something IDK. Rethinking things now with this quote............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts