Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting a brush Guard on my truck and wanted opinions/pictures/brands that you have seen on similar trucks or personally have that fit and look perfect. I have a 07 GMC Classic. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put a bumper thumper on my 02 GMC CC/SB . I have all my lights mounted on it. I purchased it from Truckaddons.com I believe it is made by westin. I really didn't want the brush guard cluttering up the look of the front end. I bought the GMC becasue I like the styling of the grill over the Chevy. Just my personal choice.:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was thinking about doing a bumper replacement...like a frontier gear front bumper but I'm like you in that I like that front end the gmc as is because the bumper and fog lights so that's why I want to make sure if I get one that its going to add to the truck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
WOW THAT THING IS AWESOME. LOOKS LIKE THE FRONT OF A SWAT VEHICLE:rockin :D :D I was actually going to put a bull bar on the truck but they didn't make one for my truck.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I agree with the full front bumper replacement. for me it has to be functional and not just for looks. Most brush guards only mount at the frame and have no other support....so if the unmentionable deer darts out in front of you, it will still lay over the brush guard. I will probably be going with either a road armor or ali arc bumper replacement. Check out the ali arc, they are made out of aluminum and are very light. I saw one for sale first hand and I would guestimate it weighted bout 50 lbs or so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I checked out the ali arc and I might not have been looking at the right site or something but those things were ugly as sin. I love the fact that they are costructed of aluminum but the design was horrible. Please send me a link to the site to view the bumpers you were refering to ob_1jr. thanks

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
here's one

what do you think of this?

Its an Iron Bull Bumper

·
Registered
61 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts