Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Building my LML (pics included)

So I just got my lift kit finished (yes pics will be up soon) But now im starting to narrow down the tuner I want. I was leaning towards the EFI live tuner from duramax tuner, has anyone had one of these with some mileage on them?

Ive also got the fass 150gph pump on order, and I ordered up the edge insight w/cts screen. It says it monitors the factory egt probe. Is that sufficient or should I get the edge egt probe?

Any advice would be awesome

Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
377 Posts
Subd. I would suggest going with an xrt pro from h&s combined with kory's tunes. They are certainly proven as I'm sure many other members will chime in. I know a majority of people run an egt probe in the passenger side manifold.

·
Registered
426 Posts
H&s!

·
Registered
400 Posts
H&s with korys tunes! Worth every penny

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what makes H&S so much better than the EFI live tuner. I totally new to the diesel world. For GAS EFI live was always the way to go
And I personally kind of hate the H&S mini maxx.
h&s $1,099
mcc tune $199
korys tunes $400

That puts me to $1698

I can do the EFI live
EFI live $849
Edge CTS w/all mounts $450

A saving of over $400 is hard to pass on, unless im screwing up on my numbers.

Also is everyone going to H&S cuz of Kory???

·
Registered
377 Posts
I know I went with h&s because of their reputation and they were my only real option at the time. Now that kory has entered the scene I wouldn't trade my h&s for the world. I do not speak badly about the efi live because I haven't run it. I know it was/is certainly the tune of choice on lmm and older motors. My concern with efi is the legality of it coming from Canada and how that might be changed in the future. Again no professional here just my opinion.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I went with H&S because EFI will not support deletes

·
Registered
377 Posts
Efi now supports deleting but you have to go through a group in Canada to do it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So Here goes. (gonna try to put up some pics)

Here it is BONE STOCK

Ripping the Truck apart was fun. Bashed a ton of knuckles and lost skin. But the fun part has began!!! Putting it back in
I was extremely impressed with the quality i got from CST. After comparing this kit side by side to a rough country and even a Fabtech or BDS, i came to the conclusion that you REALLY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Look at that CST knuckle

Started putting everything back in, its SOO much easier to put back in than it is to take it apart LOL

I set the Lift to roughly 8.5" and check out my CV angles.....not too shabby

Heres a shot of the side

And the Back....All DONE

AND NOW FOR THE GRAND FINALE

AND i have already changed the emblems to black, just need to get updated pics for you guys

All in all the kit prob took me about 9Hrs from start to finish and i took my sweet ass time

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And i pulled the trigger on the Autocal tuner (DPF/EGR delete), fass 150 fuel pump, FLOW Pro DPF/Cat Delete pipe, and the Edge CTS insight for the gauge POD.
I figured that since so many people on here were running the H&S that i may as well try something new.
The autocal comes with a 150hp tune as my max right now but i cant wait to put this thing on the Dyno and see what it can do

Ill have pics up soon of what the interior looks like with the Edge insight and gauge pod

·
Most Known Unknown
29,819 Posts
My Build Thread

See if this works, just "quote my post" and you will see the full link , and if you want to change the description and have it say something other than "my build thread" well you can :thumb

Maybe you want it to say "Finkle's Build Thread" idk :)

Copy and past into your sig

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the Link, BTW JWC where did you get your dual stabillizer?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The CST kit comes with the supports built into the steering drop. So no need, but i will need to check if i have clearance up front for somehting like this to fit.
Can you take a pic of it on your truck when you got some time

Thx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks man, i still hate the fact that it sits so high and tucked up out of the way. I wish someone made a dual for these trucks that sat infront of the axle

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.