Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got around to finish my long awaited dual filter setup. I didn't realize someone else had a similar setup as what I had on the other site, but I had this plan going on for over a year. So far it looks great and proves its function.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
is it the angle or is the left one your new lowest point under the truck? seems exposed down there, any ideas so secure it against debree or anything? nice little piece of retread should rip that off easily.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it the angle or is the left one your new lowest point under the truck? seems exposed down there, any ideas so secure it against debree or anything? nice little piece of retread should rip that off easily.
Its because the filters have different lengths. The fuel/water separator on the left is longer than the filter on the right. There is a cover kit that eliminates the sight glass for extra clearance of 2.5". I can either build a guard for it or eliminate the sight glass. A retread wouldn't matter since my truck is lifted and I don't run over em. You don't see much of that sight glass when standing by the side of my truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts