Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys new to the site. i just bougt a 08 lmm last month. i already did the pcv re route. now i'm looking at getting efi live with 5" exhaust. my question is what do they mean by a built trans? would a trans go jr be considered as built trans? i want one big tune maybe around 225 tops. would my trans hold up to that with the trans go jr installed?

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
A transgo jr is not a built trans. With the transgo jr upgrade you can run a 110-120 hp tune. You would still want to be cautious in the higher gears.

If I can help with anything let me know, we have great package deals including EFI Live.

Tyler
MPF

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
ya a trango jr is kinda like a shift kit, it will help but no its not a full build. a built trans means u bought a clutch kit and a converter and had them installed. they arent cheap

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
well... for you they are :drink :rof
well not everyone wins a free kit :), ive been saving up money dustin.... i may be calling u soon for a few things. i finally got all my bills caught up lol so depending on how much is saved up by christmas i may go ahead and get tranny built lift pump and twins if not the twins than def the built tranny and the lift pump. it has been a long time coming man :thumb

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
hey guys new to the site. i just bougt a 08 lmm last month. i already did the pcv re route. now i'm looking at getting efi live with 5" exhaust. my question is what do they mean by a built trans? would a trans go jr be considered as built trans? i want one big tune maybe around 225 tops. would my trans hold up to that with the trans go jr installed?
225 is going to require atleast a stage 4 trans build. Stage 5 is overkill but you definitely wouldn't have to worry about it. Go to any of the vendors sites and look up the trans kits. You'll see what a built trans consists of then. Suncoast and PPE are the popular ones.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
If you would like a quote on a trans kit, let me know, ill get you hooked up with what you need bud.

:drink PPE stage 4 is all you need

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
In my opinion rob is the man for efilive( go through sickdiesel) and Tyler meyerperformance is the man for a trans kit. Both are great guys and won't steer you wrong

1 - 9 of 9 Posts