Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Bulldog Triple Dog Power Pup

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Glen A Pryor 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok guys I need some advice or guidance. I’ve just acquired a Bulldog Triple Dog Power Pup from my grandfather that he bought for a Ford. The package states it is used on 06 Dodge, 03-06 Ford, and 06 GM. I’ve got a stock 07 LBZ with a little over 200k miles. I’m not looking to burn the tires off my truck by any means but some better MPG would be great! My question is, is it ok to just plug the thing in and go with it or is their anything I should do or need to know before I do?

#9 ·
‘06 begun with the LLY and ended with the LBZ. Tuning for each is different. So if the BullyDog doesn’t specify for use on both I wouldn’t put it on my ‘07 LBZ. That’s just me...

#5 ·
Yeah both lbz so give it a try worst case is it fucks up the ecm call bully dog and ask jmo

#7 ·
Put it back in the box & toss it or give it back to your grampa. Bully Dog + GM = issues. If you don't have money as you stated to get a proven tune (EFI) don't mess with your non DPF, DEF truck & leave it.

#8 ·
Do the bully dogs have a history of causing a lot of problems? I’ve got no idea. All I’ve ever heard on this site is get EFI but I don’t thinkI could ever justify since I’m not gonna be hot roddin around. Would really just like to get my towing MPG up into double digits.

#15 ·
I have an 06 GMC LBZ and have been running the Bully Dog Power Pup on the Tow/Economy setting for about 8 years with no issues. It's not the same unit as you have but mine has worked well. Increased fuel milage both running empty and pulling 8500 lb travel trailer. Get 10 mpg pulling the trailer. Truck has 321000 miles on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.