Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says my Bully Dog Triple Dog is sold. Now that my truck is back to stock i still don't have a speed limiter and my tires are still calibrated to the speedo (33's). Will this affect a new tuner? What should i choose for a new tuner (Not EFI-Live)? I want something that was better than the Bully Dog, but wont break the bank for price, Also a little black smoke never hurt anyone either:D. What are the suggestions? What power level can i run a new canned tuner on? I will purchase a TransGo Jr kit the same time as the tuner, also a EGR Blocker Plate. If i can get quotes on a couple tuners it would be appriciated.
-Quotes must be Tuner, TransGo Jr, EGR Blocker Plate, and shipping to Canada included, as with what type of payment is acceptable.-

Thanks

·
What are you lookin at?
131 Posts
I ditched my Bully Dog GT for a PPE standard. The PPE kicks ass on the Bully Dog.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anybody else?? Im leaning towards the Quad S2 and leaving it either on the 110hp or 135hp tune. Or maybe the PPE standard and leavin it on the 160hp tune?
All i wants a handheld tuner again right now, Already have guages so dont need built in guages. What does everyone suggest and where to order from?

Where im from everyone runs Bully Dog becuase thats all they sell around here so i have no experience with anything else.
I want something better than the Bully Dog that wont break the bank.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I returned the truck to stock under the install download section.
-This truck seems to have quite a bit of power for just exhaust and intake now:confused:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
go with the Quad. or i had the diablosport predator which seemed to work pretty good. and also would smoke on the 120 tune.

also i might sell my quad for the lbz

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Reilly, if interested PM.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tune completely loaded into the other truck so it must be removed outta my truck, correct? Also i notice that the truck doesnt have the same power but still has alot of power for stock tuning. All thats done now is 5" Straight pipe, and K&N CAI. Truck will do a burnout into 4 gear (33's yet) now where as before it couldnt get outta first, And will hang just fine with buddys 05 powerstroke and he has a bully dog on performance setting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.