Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was pulled my Bully Dog PMT to sell for EFI Live and now I've got problems and no one can seem to figure it out. When I go to start the truck my glow plug coil light no longer works and my seat belt and air bag lights are super dim and alternate flashing. When started my rpms bounce while the truck dings the handful of times then goes to just fluttering. Its even jittery when revving. My DIC also flashs CHECK WASHER FLUID with a full fluid jug and last but not least my turn signals don't work. All fuses are good and I have been though almost all connections.

If anyone could help me figure this out I would almost pay you!! I've been messing with this for 3 days and no luck. Did I miss something? Did the a relay go back? Did my gauge cluster decide to take a shit?:help

Thanks in advance
Forrest

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Morning bump, if this is in the wrong section please move to correct location

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Do you still have the Bullydog? I'm wondering if it wasn't a bad flash back to stock?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I still have it but I have already updated it reinstalled it and same results with tunes installed and uninstalled afterwards. I'm to the point of taking it to the stealership and letting them look into it.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
bully shit caused my truck to do some weird stuff. its long gone and my truck will still do odd shit. having the ecm reflashed is prob a good idea

·
Registered
568 Posts
Try and reflash it sounds like when edge evo made my ecm take a dump except mine wouldnt even start.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that's one the top of the list. It's bullshitt that they make such shit products. I didn't buy it but I'm damn glad I'm selling it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
How long has it been on the truck, ever had issues before? Sounds like maybe the flash didnt complete or something

You probably need to get into the show settings of the tuner, get the vehicle PN and call them and get a recovery. I've done alot of BD but never seen something like that, usually if a download issue happens the truck wont start

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well its at the stealership right now so would reflashing the truck fix the problem?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just wonderin if you ever figured this out? My 06 lbz is doin the exact same thing. I wanted to figure it out before my tunes get back from rob at atp this week. Thanks alex

·
Registered
146 Posts
So weird mine is doing the same thing. Except no blinkers. I have bd power pup. Finally it set a code and now everything works with check engine light I'll pull code in the morning and report back

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine turned out to be a fuse not making full contact in the underhood box. I would check all fuses and relays, the op had relays turned around and burnt wiring

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Weak batteries can also cause some of these symptoms.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What is the op?... Mine did it before th bullydog when I first bought the truck. Tech said it was a loose wire with the cruise control

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
What is the op?... Mine did it before th bullydog when I first bought the truck. Tech said it was a loose wire with the cruise control

OP= Original Poster

·
Registered
538 Posts
My friend has a bull dog on his 06 lbz and it went nuts one day like the op described and he had it re flashed it and it works fine now but the BD wont tune it any more, called BD they said his ECM was bad... GREAT product..umm not! so it seems to be that the best option is re flash and then smash your BD with a BFH

·
Registered
223 Posts
my dads lbz did the same thing. it was a loose fuse socket underneath the hood. im not sure what fuse it was but it was something with the ignition. if it is messing up wiggle the ignition fuse and see if it stops. then bend the part the fuse pushes into. thats what fixed his

1 - 20 of 23 Posts