Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased a bullydog gt tuner for my 03 duramax. i purchased this because i heard some good feedback and because my buddy gave me his oil power pup for a refund for half the price for a new one. whats the word on the gt tuner? any good for my truck? im still just learning about diesels too and having a very hard time. trying to find some small cheaper performance products for my truck. i installed a K&N filter on it not to long ago and i installed a custom made 6" single chrome stack on the back. the stack isnt quite finished without some smoke coming out. i get a tiny bit at high rpm but thats it. any other products or changes i can make to my truck to get that?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,681 Posts
Smoke is bad, just wasted fuel.

BD has a bad rep, but there are also quite a few guys happy with their products.

Sent from Thunderbolt

·
I'm That Guy...
16,681 Posts
They just weren't as focused on the Duramax, they have a couple guys trying to improve the rep though.

Sent from Thunderbolt

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know 3 guys that are running the BD and love them. Showing better MPG increase than the EFI live. I'll be putting one in soon.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I had a triple dog with the crazy Larry and honestly I loved it. I saw 20mpg on the highway with my lift and 35s. 9 hour trip with a full tank made it their and back without having to get fuel. Your always gonna get mixed feedback from people about it. Only got rid of it because It was enough to do what I'm doing with the truck now.

Sent from my HTC EVO.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your always gonna get mixed feedback from people about it. .
Thats what im starting to think also

but now what im looking for like what i stated on my topic was other products that can increase torque, hp, and mph

·
I'm That Guy...
16,681 Posts
The most common complaints I've heard were rough shifts and excessive smoke.

Sent from Thunderbolt

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The most common complaints I've heard were rough shifts and excessive smoke.

Sent from Thunderbolt
hmm i diffinitly dont like the sound of the rough shifts, if it does any of it ill have to contact BD

·
I'm That Guy...
16,681 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, lots of happy customers too.

hmm i diffinitly dont like the sound of the rough shifts, if it does any of it ill have to contact BD

Sent from Thunderbolt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts