Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rolled off the lot with my new 2019 Dmax with the OEM wheels and tires... Goodyear Wrangler SR-A 265 60 R20 and immediately had a vibration on the highway... Dealer asked that I put 500 miles on them, in case any flat spots from sitting on the lot...

After 500 miles they checked and tires would not balance well.... They ordered new..

Replaced all 4 tires and 3 of the 4 are also bad... won't balance,...

Waiting to see what happens next... I told them no more SR-A's, no faith in them... Not alot of options in the goodyears for 20" wheels. Told them to give me some duratracs (i love those tires)

Waiting... we'll see...

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Rolled off the lot with my new 2019 Dmax with the OEM wheels and tires... Goodyear Wrangler SR-A 265 60 R20 and immediately had a vibration on the highway... Dealer asked that I put 500 miles on them, in case any flat spots from sitting on the lot...

After 500 miles they checked and tires would not balance well.... They ordered new..

Replaced all 4 tires and 3 of the 4 are also bad... won't balance,...

Waiting to see what happens next... I told them no more SR-A's, no faith in them... Not alot of options in the goodyears for 20" wheels. Told them to give me some duratracs (i love those tires)

Waiting... we'll see...

ive had bad luck with goodyear tires in the past as well, Id run pretty much anything else given the choice. The last set i owned i wore down the rear tires to the wire in 7000 miles, unloaded, no burnouts, just highway and city driving on paved roads. The fronts were not significantly better, summer driving, little to no 4x4 usage. Freshly aligned, new suspension and steering parts. just junk rubber.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m waiting for mine to wear out, terrible in the snow and not that great in the rain. Next summer, new wheels and tires, not SRAs
If you want something more aggressive I recommend the Cooper ST Maxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts