Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i already used the search bar and didn't have too much luck, especially finding bumpers for a 01 CHEVY 2500hd.
So last weekend i hit a deer, damage could have been a lot worse, but it just bent my bumper and cracked the bumper pad. I can prob just bend the bumper back and it will look pretty normal, but I'm kind of wanting to explore my options. I haven't really seen any aftermarket bumpers besides ranch hand (i passed up a really good deal on one a few months back and am now kicking myself). But i was just wondering what other options and styles are out there. I will more than likely just go back to a stock one and maybe do some color matching but I'm honestly not sure. just looking for some ideas.
Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a front and rear Frontier bumper on my 01. They are similar in design as a ranch hand but for a fraction of the cost. The steel is not quite as thick as the ranch hands but in my opinion they are just as durable. The fitment is good and install was a piece of cake. I believe that I paid $1400 shipped...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that 1400 shipped for both bumpers???

·
Registered
568 Posts
Iron bull is one that I think does im also in a similar situation but I don't want the full grill guard just a bumper

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah thats sort of what I'm leaning toward now too, just a bumper. I'll have to check them out

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ya definetly check them out theres a guy back home who had one on his old crew cab chevy and he had beat the crap out of the bumper and it never showed signs of damage except paint

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a price from them and their cheapest is 1250 shipped, which is more than I'm willing to spend. I wish i could find a nice used big bumper somewhere but i can't even find a stock one in my area much less a off road bumper.
I'll prob just bend mine back to where it should be and ride that for a while. But still interested to see what other options are out there.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Would your chevy bumper be the same as a 02 gmc bumper if so id be willing to sell mine when I get the iron bull

·
Registered
16 Posts
One option you could check out is boondock bumpers. They are a little different looking but it might be something you like. They start at like 800 or so as well, so they are very reasonably priced. I have a fusion front bumper on mine, it came in raw steel and it was 1300 shipped. It looks awesome and is pretty low profile while still maintaining an aggressive, offroad look.

·
Premium Member
11,316 Posts
Check out peacemakerbumpers.com, a lot to choose from at decent prices.

·
Registered
57 Posts
is that 1400 shipped for both bumpers???
Bwood maybe you can post some pics of your rig? And maybe a website to purchase the bumpers?

Sorry guys I have been away from the computer for a day or two... I just looked back in my emails and I was wrong about the price. I paid $1550 with a $50 discount for buying the combo. The website I used was rangeroffroad.com. I just checked and they are running the same promotional campaign right now. I dont have any good pictures to post right now but tomorrow when the sun is out I'll take some pictures and post them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
really appreciate it guys, keep em coming!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One option you could check out is boondock bumpers. They are a little different looking but it might be something you like. They start at like 800 or so as well, so they are very reasonably priced. I have a fusion front bumper on mine, it came in raw steel and it was 1300 shipped. It looks awesome and is pretty low profile while still maintaining an aggressive, offroad look.
I looked at boondock and they are 970 shipped for my truck, which is one of the better prices i have seen so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.