Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all.
I ordered a few bumpers, Buckstop front/fusion rear.
Originally I ordered the buckstop front with holes cut out for round lights.
I am thinking now since the fusion rear normally gets square led's when people put lights in, I want to put square lights up front as well to match and give it a more updated look. I also struggled finding 6" and 4" round leds for it anyway so Im decided on filling the holes and recessing square lights instead.

What I am undecided on is how many and how big.
I do some night work in the mountains and hills in areas with a ton of deer and cows so the extra light will actually help my nightshift but all driving is low speed so Im thinking doing all fog lights but maby mix in a couple spots?

As of now Im thinking maby a pair of small square 3x3 leds on the sides of the bumper and maby another pair in the middle (one on each side of the license plate?) for a total of 6 lights? or maby mix in a couple 4/6 in led bars?

What do you guys think?
Below is a generic pic of the bumper from the website. Also kinda thinking putting lights on the sides of the license plate since they just have a couple of holes cut out and im not really sure if they do that with a purpose other then looks or weight?

trying to keep cost reasonable as well, Obviously if I go with a higher end light like rigid, I can spend over 1k on a few light bars which is why I was thinking the little square leds since they are only 180 a pair.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
The holes on the face on each side of the tag, from what I have read, are for air flow. The stock bumper has the one large opening with the air flowing up to the bottom of the oil/trans/coolant radiators. Throw a big monster piece of steel in the way and it could be a problem, so many bumper makers put some vent holes in the face to keep a little air moving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts