Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have ordered a 30' Arctic Fox pull trailer and it should be in sometime in Nov. GVWR of the trailer is 10,000#. I am looking at hitches now and I am leaning towards the Reese Straight Line. Curious to hear what you have, what you like or don't like.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
I find little difference in bumper hitches.. Reese, Curt, Drawtite based on same capacity... They all use the similar mounting points... What ever suits your price point,

EDIT: Sorry I thought you were asking about bumper mounting reciever and not WD hitch... yes I like one that doesn't require separate sway control

·
Registered
310 Posts
I use a 14,000 lb. Equal-I-Zer Brand equalizing hitch. I tow a 28’ enclosed trailer with a 14,000 lb GVWR. They make them in several rated capacities. No separate sway bar is needed because it’s built into their 4 point system.

·
Registered
321 Posts
i ran the same hitch as leonards mentioned it was great and you can back up without doing anything special

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I was thinking that the Reese straight line was a 4 point set up too but looking at the Equal-I-Zer hitch I think the Reese one would be a 6 pt since each Eq bar has two attachments to the trailer - see pic. They say you can back up without an issue, just wondering everyone's experience with different styles. I previously had a DSP hitch with 'standard' type Eq bars and had no issues but the new trailer is longer and heavier so I though I might want to have something with more control.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been using the Reese straight line like you mentioned on my toyhauler for about 5 years. I tow with a 3500 HD DRW and the trailer is about 16k average and I have never had an issue with the hitch or any sway from the trailer. I travel alot and would estimate about 80k on this trailer now, it has been through 2 trucks and I can honestly say if it needed replacing I would buy the same thing without hesitation.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Life is a series of choices. Personally, I find cute girls a more entertaining hobby than my old stamp collection hobby....!

Haha...I am with you on that!

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Does anyone use a 2.5 shank on wdh?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I didn’t see that they offered the 2.5 until after I received my Wdh or I would have ordered it that way. It doesn’t increase the rating, but it’s less parts and slop.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I switched to a 2.5” shank last year on a 1,000/10,000 Equal-I-Zer because I got tired of the slop in the hitch with the sleeve.

The shank is made by Equal-I-Zer and got it from Etrailer and rated for 1400/14,000 lbs.

Bought a new travel trailer about a month ago and now using the 1,400 lb/14,000 lb Equal-I-Zer with the 2.5” shank.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Using a 2.5 inch shank Equali-z-er hitch on my 35' Outback and love it. Best tongue hitch made. IMHO
Even works on upside down trailers

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
...for years I pulled our 11,000 lb. boat & trailer with our Ford Explorer, which, if I understand what I read correctly, is only basically a half-ton.

More like 1/4 ton...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.