Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just purchased the bushwacker pocket style flares that give you 2" of clearence and i have been searching the forums to try and find the best rim and tire combo to match up with my new flares but im not quite finding the answers im looking for hopefully you guys can shine some light on the subject..

i m thinking of going with a 18x9 rim sounds like a lot of guys are running 285/65's but what offset is going to match the flares the best i dont want them to stick in too much or out too much

help please

·
Registered
132 Posts
ill be watching this thread as im wanting those flairs as well & will be geting new wheels & tires soon too

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone have any input?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have got these same flares on my truck with 20x10 XD Series 810 Brigade wheels with -24 offset on 35x12.50 Federal M/T tires and I think that it is about the perfect set up. I didn't have the flares on originally and it was practically impossible to keep my truck clean. Im so glad i got them and think that they look excellent on the truck.

This is how it looked without them and just looks plain without them to me

·
Registered
132 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
212 Posts
I put the fender flares on my truck and didn't like the way the rear looked. I have 17x9 wheels with 5" BS and + 1 offset. I ended up putting 1 1/2" spacers on the rear and it looks fine.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
212 Posts

Here is a pic.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Anybody know what the difference is between pocket style flares and cut-out flares? Wanting to the bushwacker ones also but not sure which ones I should do.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The ones you see above are pocket style. I believe the cut outs stick out a little more and are used if you are actually going to cut the fender out.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Cut outs are 2.5" I believe and yes u have to do some cutting. Pockets r 2" I believe

Sent from my ADR6325 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
153 Posts
Okay then pocket is what I am looking for. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did they come in gloss black or did you guys have to paint then to match your trucks?

·
Registered
518 Posts
they come in the oem matte black that is paintable. Had to paint them to match

·
Registered
153 Posts
Alright thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
yes pocket flairs are 2" & the cut outs are 2.5"