Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck runs like a scalded dog. Took it to the dealer for an oil change and the truck that worked on it looked at me w a big grin and said “ that truck pretty quick, huh!?” I said yah- it will peel it back! I asked how he could tell and he said the throttle response he could tell.

It has a cold air boxed intake, full delete and 5inch exhaust all the way back and has some sort of tune.

No tuner was in the truck! Wtf do I do if I buy this truck?! I have went though a tank and it’s been one week. and filled it back up. The dash SAYS it’s getting 13.4. It might be correct?

I have been dogging it.

33x12.5r18s with a leveling kit ( my mechanic buddy who works on diesels said all what he saw on the truly known). Also has an aftermarket fuel filter /water separator with a pump built into the housing.

I need help!!!

Thank you!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ohh - we put it on scanner- no codes, no CELS except tire pressure (aftermarket wheels) everything is in spec- and he said the truck seems very solid, 130k miles 4x4 crew $18.9k

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
If you buy it, you either never get to change the tune, or else find someone who does tuning still, get a file, and have the dealer flash the truck to stock before you put the new tune file in it. Honestly, better off with a bone stock truck. I love my tuned truck, but I would only ever buy a stock one or else a modded one from someone I knew very well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well... I’m kind of committed now. I Just ordered a CTS2, took it to dealer for $100 oil change, car wash membership, and various maintenance items being shipped ATM.... but I theoretically return the parts.

They are shopping for the best rate and I am being very choosy, as the first place wanted more interest than I should be paying and I’ve been really slammed to get back over to their office.

What about the efi live systems they are still selling on eBay? $699 with 5 tunes?

How much does dealer charge to reflash?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,585 Posts

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes. I am not asking the dealer to flash the tunes to the truck. I was told I needed to reflash to stock. Is that correct?

To the guy laughing thanks for your valueable input.

Thanks for the help everyone who actually commented... I was just worried that since the truck is deleted and no tuner was with the truck- I was SOL. I guess it not that big of a deal after all.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
FYI, if the dealer flashes it back to stock you’ll have drive-ability issues until you can get a new tuner installed.

Another FYI, with EFI you do NOT have to return it to stock to flash in another EFI tuners tune, you can flash right over the other EFI tuners tune.

I’ve done this many times trying out other EFI tuners tunes I have 4 different EFI tuners tunes and 3 AutoCals.
If your truck is running with no codes why worry about it, just drive and enjoy.

Once you put a tune in that you like the AutoCal just sets, mines under my desk.
Worry about changing tunes later if you feel the need.

The last place I’d shop for EFI is eBay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts