Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 01 2500HD Duramax, are there any common problems with these trucks?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of injector problems, how often do they go bad?

·
Registered
35 Posts
wheel bearings
t-case likes to rub holes into itself
pitman and idler arms wear out to fast
tie-rods love to break
if its a straight shift, i'll almost guarantee you the flywheel is JUNK!!
check the grear oil in the rear axle, GM liked to underfill those.
injectors are gonna go bad, but theres extended warranty coverage 7years/200k miles from sale date.

thats just to name a few off the top of my head..

·
Registered
35 Posts
What kind of injector problems, how often do they go bad?
check the engine oil, if its overfull and smells like diesel fuel chances are your injectors are bad. also check the balance rates for them, anything over 4 in park at idle is bad (i believe).

it varies on time, some only last a few thousand miles and some last a long time. i have 100k on my originals so far (knock on wood), and i consider myself LUCKY!!.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
this truck only has 77,000 miles, not for sure if its a manual or auto have not looked at it yet. I have a Dodge Cummins and I have had injection pump problems since I bought it. How hard are the injectors to change, I have changed them on a dodge before.

·
Registered
35 Posts
not trying to scare anyone, just trying to inform him of what i have been through or seen. as you well know, all vehicles have problems sooner or later. these are some that are know to be with these trucks.

FWIW, i would not hesitate on buying another one either.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well you could buy a ford and or a dodge and have the front end fall apart or a 6 liter that leaks like a sive or a 24 valve and have the lift pump fail causeing injector failure Your choice, but in my opionion a properly maintained duramax will out live any truck on the road!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts