Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am looking at buying a 2007 2500 HD LT "Classic" ext cab short box 4x4 with the duramax 6spd. It has 217,000 miles on it. GM notes that there was only fluid changes on the life of the truck. There is no major wear and tear any where on the truck. Looks like the bed was hardly used and the stock hitch looks brand new. My diesel mechanic works at the dealership and says its great. This truck has never been mod'ed. I am tradeing my 95 Ram 2500 cummins with 240,000 on it. Sick of the noise and small back seat. Looking forward to owning a duramax:D

Do you think this truck is worth $15,500??? Based on my research I think it is worth it. Also should I have any concerns with the 07 duramax LBZ?? Any help would be great!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Price seems OK. The lbz is the most sought after Duramax. No problems with the motor. Just the transfer case and tranny cooler lines have a tendency to need attention.

Sent from my Android phone while not driving.....too fast....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Any other issues I should be worried about?

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
t-case pump rub, see if the ally shifts well, if you can have someone check injector balance rates, i'd bet the front end parts are sad too

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I will have my mechanic look those parts over...and if everything is good...I will be a proud new owner of my first duramax!!!

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
congrats man, i hope it works out for you. i'd try to get it for 14 cash OTD if you can and everything checks out

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help!!!1

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
thats not a bad price. lbz's are great trucks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the help! Everything looks good at the moment so I need to do now is get the keys And start driving! :)

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,349 Posts
t-case pump rub, see if the ally shifts well, if you can have someone check injector balance rates, i'd bet the front end parts are sad too
Son of a bitch!! i thought the t case pump rub was fixed after the llys, i wasn't gonna worry about it but now i have to Downerrr

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Nope still a problem. Spend more money LOL.

Sent from my Android phone while not driving.....too fast....

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
Love my LBZ! You won't regret the buy. 132k on the clock so far, runs like a champ!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am in the market myself and have been watching prices. A 2007 with maybe 1/4 the mileage would be around 30,000. The price strikes me as a little high as a consequence. I think 10k-12k sounds more like it, but I will defer to those with more experience.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am in the market myself and have been watching prices. A 2007 with maybe 1/4 the mileage would be around 30,000. The price strikes me as a little high as a consequence. I think 10k-12k sounds more like it, but I will defer to those with more experience.
Around here chevy's/gmc's have great resale value.

30k+ for a 2007 truck with 50k miles is about the norm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.