Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a quick question guys. I hope you dont mind, but im posting in this section just because there is more traffic here then there is in the 07 section. Im still trying to figure everything out. I havent had a chance to talk to a salesman yet, however im wondering about the pricing a new truck. Im looking at an 07 LT1, and it is stickered at $42,900. It is optioned pretty much the way i want. My question is, i am eligible for the supplier's discount, and I was wondering how much I could expect to get off the proce. I was told to expect about $37,000, before taxes. With fords, you get the x plan, and the rebates, is chevy the same way?

Im just a little curious about all the buying power i have. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
FYI: I recently priced out a LOADED 07 1ton Dually with Dave Smith in Idaho and the price out the door was $41900. I asked how much above msrp that was and they laughed, its actually BELOW msrp and they split the factory insentives with you to make their money.

Just for fun I also priced out a Dodge Mega cab dually and its price out the door is $44000. Forgive me all for even 'thinking' Dodge but I figured IF it was thousands less than the Chev than I might go that route but HECK no am I going to pay $2k more!! And then get thousands less come re-sell time. Dodge is a no win situation, and NO way I would take a Ford since my 7.3 Excursion has proven such poor quality.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought an 07 CC LT1 and the sticker was about the same. The company I work for is also a GM supplier, and the discount was about 12% off of the sticker. $37000 sounds about right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally found out the scoop. That was a run around, but i got what i was looking for.

I called the local chevy dealer, and priced a truck, with the price of $42,800. Saleswoman told me with the suppliers discount would drop it to $38,400. When you add in the thousand dollar rebate, im looking at $37,400, before taxes and registration, and what not.

Ford quoted me with their rebates, $36,000, from a $45,000 sticker. KDawg Im sorry you had such a poor expirience with the 7.3. My family has had nothing but good expirience with the powerstroke. This, i feel, will come with any manufacture however. Whenever your looking at spending this money for a truck, your going to get something worth while, i feel.

The powerstroke to get, is the 02-03 7.3, and the 05-06 6.0. I apologize guys, i grew up around powerstrokes, and most of my diesel knowledge is consumed by powerstroke, Unless its a detroit 60 series. haha

Have fun guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got out of the military 6 months ago and one of our GV's (government vehicle) was a 2002 or 2003 Excursion with the Powerstroke and I have to be honest...that truck was awesome, and it was beat badly. The only one that held up. Our other GV's were a Chevy minivan, a 1500 and 2500, both 2001's I think...I'm not partial to any brand (I got over that in high school) but our GM's just didn't hold up to towing our response boats around...I'm not sure which transmission the 1500 had but it blew at around 20k miles. Both trucks had frontend issues (balljoints, wheel bearings, warped rotors) and we were so tired of bringing the 2500 to the dealer for blown tail lights that we stocked the glovebox with about 2 dozen sets. The passenger side door started sagging the because of faulty hinge pins, and the driver side window motor cable broke...we had to hold the window up with a 2x4 until it was fixed. I know that EVERY manufacturer has it's issues...but 3 years later and we didn't have 1 issue with anything. Just changed the oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts