Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '07 classic that I'm trying to buy tow mirrors for. There are several different connection types listed, Im just not sure which connection type i need for my truck..

Here are the options..
Discount Auto Mirrors - 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD

there is 10 hole 4 prong connector, 8 hole 5 prong protector, 10 hole 3 prong connector etc etc..

Thanks, Joe Pearson

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you sure of this? If not I'll just take my current mirrors off to check, then put them back on till i get the towing mirrors..

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
it's been so long that I don't remember lol.

I'd say just pull off your door panel (takes like 10 minutes tops) and check so as to not make a mistake

·
Registered
96 Posts
For standard power heated factory mirrors to power heated tow mirrors you will want the 10 prong blue on the pass. and the 10 prong blue and 10 prong black for the drivers. I'm actually rewiring mine right now. The 8 prong are apparently for the 01-02 trucks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea thats probably the safest thing to do. Any tips on taking the door panel off? I screwed up my door panel on my old truck big time, the plastic was old and brittle though.
How are the controls connected and everything?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yea thats probably the safest thing to do. Any tips on taking the door panel off? I screwed up my door panel on my old truck big time, the plastic was old and brittle though.
How are the controls connected and everything?
Door panels are not bad to take off of our trucks. There are 3 maybe 4 screws to remove.
One right under the top handle (it is visible).
There is another on the bottom of the door.
Another that is hidden by a cap toward the hinge of the door.
Pop the cap off and remove the screw.
And one more that looks similar to the capped screw, but is not a screw just a plug.
Pull that out and the panel should be loose at this point.
You also will want to pop off the lock/unlock slide at the top of the door.
The last thing you need to remove is the the plastic piece that surrounds the door handle. This should pop off as well.

After you have done this gently lift your door panel up and pull out, and she should be loose.

Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks nvrplzd, I appreciate it!

nailski: theres only two with the 10 prong, so I guess i cant go wrong? it shows both the passenger and driver side having a blue and black connector.. but you said only drivers side has a black and a blue one, and the passenger side only has a blue one??

·
Registered
136 Posts
on a 07 classic both sides are the blue and black plugs they plug in to the power window switch dont waste your time pulling the door panel...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts