Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for a thread I saw a few months back but can't find it.

I have a buzzing coming from the little speaker looking thing above the driver's head area. It's only about 1" in diameter. I can put a little pressure on it and the buzzing goes away. I can't remember what this thing does, but I want to say it's something to do with the climate control system.

Thanks for any input and if anyone has the link to the thread on fixing it, please post it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Mine makes a horrible noise at times also !! It won't be long.. If it keeps make this noise it may no longer be in my truck !!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have this problem also. Someone told me that they read about it on an avalanche forum and it is indeed a HVAC component for climate control. He was a little vague when paraphrasing the article but said that the forum told him not to remove it becuase it will mess up the climate controls. He also said that it was reportedly very easy to replace. Does anyone have any idea of a part number for replacement?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I would imagine this to be true for the "Auto Climate Control". But yet I never use it, I am a manuel override kinda guy..

·
Registered
232 Posts
someone told me its the mic. for the on star system

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
someone told me its the mic. for the on star system
Nope. That is up by the rearview.

Its for the HVAC system. What its exact purpose is I would like to know.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I posted that thread a while ago. Let me see if I can find it

·
Registered
2,480 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Tyler! Yep, that's the one. I couldn't find the thread (I was looking for "buzzing" not "annoying").

·
Registered
146 Posts
Had this problem in my Yukon. Dealer replaced it under warranty. My srvice writer said you have to pull the head liner to replace it, what a pain in the ass.
Try some lube spray directly in it and see if that helps. Thats what I will do if any go bad again.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
it IS for the climate control..it IS EASY to change.............there is NO mic in it either,you do NOT have to remove the headliner,just pop off the door seal at the top,then you can access it from the driver's side on top the headliner......

·
7,336 Posts
My srvice writer said you have to pull the head liner to replace it,
he's full of shit I hate to say........

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is this a dealer only item or is it available in a quality after market product?

·
7,336 Posts
i dunno,they sure are FREE at the junkyard though!!!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't hear that. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts