Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did my cat delete and man what a difference! The sound is amazing! It's so much louder than it was before. And it rolls coal like a mofo. I was honestly really surprised by how much it smoked! I was passing an rv and laid into it a bit to hear my new exhaust and it smoked out the damn rv. I felt really bad about it and apologized but later went down a back road with no one around and laid into it a lot harder and smoked out the entire street! Was really surprised.

But when I first started her up after doing the install I heard a really strange sucking/whistling sound, but after I drove up the road to the store the sound disappeared. Has anyone had this happen? Or perhaps know what it might be?

Also for anyone contemplating doing it, do it! I did my AFE bladerunner on tuesday and felt a good power difference but when I got rid of the cat today it really opened her up and I felt a huge power difference, not to mention the beautiful sound!

Thanks everyone for recommending it and I'll probably get a video up soon.

For those who are thinking about doing it: WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The sound is always sweet at first, but the droan gets old in a hurry on long trips.

·
Registered
938 Posts
haha straight pipe is the only way man :drink

·
Registered
12 Posts
What is louder 5" Straigt pipe or cooling fan

when I am pulling heavy the cooling fan kicks in and is so loud I have to turn my tunes up. is the drone of 5" exhaust louder than that?

·
Registered
163 Posts
That hissing sound is normal, its just your turbo.. The vanes are closed and the air going through sounds like a hair dryer or vacume

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
its about time..... haha jk your gonna love it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts