Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just changed my oil and my mounting bracket for the bypass just showed up. How much oil will I lose by just removing the oil filter? If it’s more than a qt or 2, I’ll just wait to install. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, it took a little more than 2, but it’s done and I’m happy it’s installed and looks clean tucked up in the frame. Only thing I didn’t like is the hose in this pic is touching my set up. I’m not sure what it is. There’s 2 of them that bend this way and that way and mount to brackets. I’ll trace them and see, unless someone knows off hand.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I managed to move the mount enough that it’s not touching the fuel line anymore. Over all it’s a very clean install. The oil is staying much lighter in color. The bypass really works well pulling all that black soot and whatever else out of the oil. I’m still going to change oil every 10k, I just feel better having the extra filtration. I’m hoping to have the truck get the big “ D “ before it’s got 60k on it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1lunger, what kinda bypass is that? Thought about getting one but just don't know which one yet.
Amsoil dual stage system (BMK27), but you’ll need to get a mounting bracket from Mad Jack Diesel. I’ve got about 1k on the oil and it’s still looking like fresh oil. With out the bypass the oil is black in 50-100 miles.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Does that mounting bolt go all the way through and the nut and washer is on the outside of the frame?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts