Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My truck appears to have never been in an accident, nothing on its records either. The box and cab don't appear to be lined up properly, the gap between the cab and box on the driver side is about 3/4 of an inch bigger then on the passenger side and the body line on the passenger side (10 inches up from the bottom) doesn't line up, it looks like the cab is a little lower. Is this normal? or has the box likely been off and put back on improperly? Thanks, Brendan.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm away from the truck for a while (at work) I don't have a picture. But on the driver side I can easily get my hand in right up to the fatest part by the thumb between the box and the cab, while on the passenger side I can only get it in up to the big knuckles. if that helps. I'd say the gap is about 1 and 3/4 inches on the driver side and maybe one inch on the passenger side.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The bed can be tweaked by loosening the mounts and moving a little bit and it wouldnt take much to close a 3/4" gap, as far as the body lines being off this could be caused by the torsion bars, you can adjust ride heighth as well as frame flex by adjusting these. We have had alot of concerns with that at the dealership after guys go to 285's which I see you have in your sig.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I attached 3 pictures, not sure how to upload the pictures. Hopefully that worked.

Attachments

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything down there looks original and in similar shape between one and other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts