Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a quick search and couldn't find anything, so my question is. Is there any way to wire my cab lights and DRLs together so they both come on when the truck is started? Thanks

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
if you wire them in to the DRL circuit they aren't going to be on when your headlights turn on...

why is it such a necessity to have them on with the drl's? It would be easier to wire the DRL's in to the running light circuit and change the bulb sockets/ bulb color

have you considered just cursing around with your running lights turned on, thus turning the cab lights on? just a turn of a knob...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do just turn the knob most of the time. But I like just leaving the lights on auto. I kinda realized while I was typing that the DRL thing wouldn't work, and they dont have to be on with the DRLs I just want them to automatically turn on whenever I'm driving the truck.

·
Registered
435 Posts
You could prolly wire them into the ignition somehow like you would a radio

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I do just turn the knob most of the time. But I like just leaving the lights on auto. I kinda realized while I was typing that the DRL thing wouldn't work, and they dont have to be on with the DRLs I just want them to automatically turn on whenever I'm driving the truck.
well the end of your light harness ends on the side of your passenger side dashboard, underneath the side panel. Take that plug out, cut it off, ground one of the wires, solder in an extension piece for the hot wire, bring it underneath the dash to the drivers side near the fuse panel and find an ignition on hot wire, and wire it in there. Just make sure to add a fuse to your wiring on the extension piece. Then drink a beer and enojoy the fact that your cab lights will be on all the time.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
well the end of your light harness ends on the side of your passenger side dashboard, underneath the side panel. Take that plug out, cut it off, ground one of the wires, solder in an extension piece for the hot wire, bring it underneath the dash to the drivers side near the fuse panel and find an ignition on hot wire, and wire it in there. Just make sure to add a fuse to your wiring on the extension piece. Then drink a beer and enojoy the fact that your cab lights will be on all the time.
Was just typing the same shit. :drink

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeaah. thinkin maybe I'll just turn the knob like a normal person, sounds like more of a pain than its worth.. oh well.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
lol agreed, however it wouldn't be too horrible if you really want to do it.

Was just typing the same shit. :drink
just gettin too slow! :neener

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
lol agreed, however it wouldn't be too horrible if you really want to do it.

just gettin too slow! :neener
I am havin a bad day........:cool:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts