Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a huge rain storm today and my truck sat in the parking lot at work and when I got in it I went to grab my glasses that were in the little compartment above the rear-view mirror by the dome lights and noticed it was wet inside. I am assuming this is coming from my center cab light that came on the truck. If i tighten the screws on the light could this fix the issue or do I need the remove the dome light structure piece and check the inside of the headliner?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
They're are writes ups if you search. I believe new caulk was needed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Brand new 2019 High Country 2500HD Duramax, 488miles.....Drivers cab light leaking like crazy, looks like it was not seated properly. Have to rip out the interior liner to get to it, no top screws, just one bolt underneath.
My first Diesel....not feelin warm and fuzzy. It tows a 4500lb alum enclosed trailer like it's not there, very impressive along with the fuel mileage. Guess we'll wait & see about the other things. So far, love the 6.6 and Allison.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They fixed it right away with a new cab roof light. Sealed with silicone too.
This was obviously done at the factory, I cant see how this ever passed quality inspection. My worry is, this truck sat at a dealer for almost 200 days before I bought it. I was worried about water damage/mold. But, the selling dealer says it's fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check this posting. I replied with a lot of links to other postings on the topic of cab lights.

Probably you will have to remove the cab lights and caulk around the hole that is drilled into the cab or else remove the headliner and caulk the hole from inside the cab.

Cab Marker Lamps
Thank you for the info. Truck is brand new and the dealer put a new light on it. One of the underside support "Prongs" were broken off. They Fixed it quickly and sealed it well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts