Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to put cab lights on my 03. Anybody suggest a brand that includes everything...lights, wiring, etc?...

·
Registered
778 Posts
Recon I have had them on every truck I ever had! They look the best! Little expensive but are awesome

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I used the oem gm nbs lights on my rig that didn't come with them from the factory. I couldn't be happier :thumb

here's the part numbers in case you're interested in this route.

20966093 center strip
20966091 left
20966092 right
15846970 harness

·
Registered
381 Posts
how hard is this install? I don't have them but I want them!

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Recon I have had them on every truck I ever had! They look the best! Little expensive but are awesome

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
do you have any night shots, I have been wanting to get these for mine

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,861 Posts
I've got Recon NBS lights on mine and my wifes trucks, also done several friends and many others at work with the same ones. I use the GM harness mentioned by NVRPLZD for all of my the classic body truck installs (just have to flip-flop the wires in the truck end plug for 01-02 trucks), and the Recon harness on all NBS trucks installs. I've never had any problems at all, and the Recon's are cheaper than the GM lights.

Sorry, don't have any night pics right now

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I'm a big fan of the NBS lights for sure. I like the fact that the oem gm's are a one piece design, and I feel they're a little better of a product, however to each their own. I've known plenty of guys to run recons and not have any issues.

As far as the install goes, its very easy. The worst part is just measuring out everything to get it perfect and then the unnerving part of drilling holes into your perfectly fine roof. A stiff shot of whiskey beforehand works wonders with this step ;)

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Not if you didn't have the cab lights from the factory. Most people use the factory wiring harness that i listed the part number to above, which plugs in to your passenger side fuse panel

·
Registered
435 Posts
I put NBS recons on my 04 that didn't have cab lights and i just made my own wiring harness which wasn't too bad just ran a hot wire and a ground and tied the lights into them then bought a two fuse plug in thing (thats the technical term lol) and plugged it into my trailer light fuse under the hood and grounded to a bolt under the hood. The worst part is drilling the holes if they aren't there already... definitely a lil nerve wrecking lol.

This is a terrible explaination of how i did it lol but hopefully you get the point.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
yep, you pull the pillars away slightly, remove the center console (above), the visors, and grab handle and then the headliner will pull down enough to route the harness.

·
Registered
435 Posts
yea you have to pull the headliner part of the way down to do it the way i did it atleast

·
Registered
41 Posts
what wires do u have to flip flop

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
just the two wires that make up the factory harness that you purchase, it's a very easy two second job. Just take out the pins and swap them.

·
Registered
538 Posts
sub'd

1 - 18 of 18 Posts