Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get Cab lights? Besides the dealer? And are they a booger to install?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
A buddy of mine works for gm and he has done a few on costomer jobs. I was asking him about putting a set on mine and he told me it was a 4 hour job! I guess you gotta take the head linear down plus im not to thrilled about drilling holes in my roof

Anyway you can also find them on ebay. I think some of the places in truckin mag sells them. Im sure you can get some through a site sponsor - vendor.

eBay Motors: GMC/CHEVY C/K 1500/2500/3500 TRUCK CAB ROOF TAIL LIGHTS (item 160151051686 end time Aug-31-07 20:36:05 PDT)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I hear ya. I wasn't as concerned about the liner as I was about measuring to get them centered, and not to whoop on drilling holes either. But I was thinking if it wasn't too bad a job, I would go ahead and do it. 4hrs huh... I think I might pass on it.

Thanks Chief.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm kinda leary of someone else working on my styff too. I think it would look cool, but I am not real comfortable about drilling hole in my truck. My luck they would leak.

·
Registered
226 Posts
cab lights

I put the RECON led smoked cab lights on my 05. My truck did not have cab lights on stock so I was a little weary about putting them on because of having to put holes into my roof but the RECON kit was great. It came with measurements and great instructions. The kit kit went on fairly easy and has not leaked. The LED smoked looks great and I get lots of compliments.

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Has anyone put the cab lights on themselves.....how lond did it take and was it easy?

·
Registered
226 Posts
cab lights

Look back a couple of posts and you will see where I have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My buddy and i put a set of the recon cab lights on his 12valve cummins. It was not too bad it's easy if you find someone who has done them before and have all the measurements and i also knew a guy who made his own diagram that makes it easier if you have a diagram from another truck so you know where exacally where to drill the holes. I will tell you one thing we experenced make sure you use silicone or some type of sealant because it seams like the aftermarket cab lights dont seam to seal very well. We had to take them off a week later and put more silicone on them because they were letting moisture inside the cab. Thats just my 2 cents

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.