Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
And prior owners are being pursued for selling deleted vehicles.

Thats not new but it’s happening a lot more often now with stricter checks.

Do. Not. Sell. A. Deleted. Vehicle. It’s easily $5000 + fines if you get caught.
And it can easily be years down the line. It will come back to haunt you. Don’t do it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The whole thing of still paying the price after you sold it blows my mind, kinda the same way the pew pew side of things is, I’ve heard getting taxed on everyone you own, everyone in your name, an so on. Some People are getting into a mess yes, I don’t see how they can get EVERYONE with a “bypassed system” just like the pew pew count, you want to come knocking on doors asking to count them? Bahaha, I feel safe to say 98% of us here have the same exact opinion on that! I’ll leave it there!

·
Registered
339 Posts

Do. Not. Sell. A. Deleted. Vehicle. It’s easily $5000 + fines if you get caught.
And it can easily be years down the line. It will come back to haunt you. Don’t do it.
also want to add there’s dozens of dealers in my area that literally broadcasts still to this day the trucks are “bypassed” cause they know that’s what everyone is looking for an it don’t last 2 days on the lot, I don’t believe the government will shut or fine everyone down, why would they? There goes there tax money there collecting from the dealers. They shut dealers down making a killing there goes the tax money there collecting off them
Not trying to be a butt just throwing my opinion out there!! No hard feelings in your comment!

·
Registered
59 Posts
also want to add there’s dozens of dealers in my area that literally broadcasts still to this day the trucks are “bypassed” cause they know that’s what everyone is looking for an it don’t last 2 days on the lot, I don’t believe the government will shut or fine everyone down, why would they? There goes there tax money there collecting from the dealers. They shut dealers down making a killing there goes the tax money there collecting off them
Not trying to be a butt just throwing my opinion out there!! No hard feelings in your comment!
It’s not really the government directly giving the fines. What happens is someone buys a truck from one state and brings it to another. Where it then fails that specific state inspection. Annnnnd obviously the new truck owner is angry.

Normally it’s just sold ‘as is’ and you tell them pound sand. But big daddy EPA supersedes any contract you make. Lawsuit happens and it goes downhill from there… The dealership or whoever sold it just loses by default. It’s not even a discussion. Open close book. 30 seconds in a court room.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I agree with you it’s not exactly the government, by title, but the money ends up in there pockets regardless of what branch it’s called, want to stop “global warming” go after China, they make waaaaaaaaaay more toxic waste then we do, then on a simple diesel truck that’s tuned to actually run an perform better, but it’s China and it’s ok, they get the pass card, like always

·
Registered
59 Posts
, want to stop “global warming” go after China, they make waaaaaaaaaay more toxic waste then we do
I am 100% in agreement there.

Trucks make black smoke. Black smoke scary.

Meanwhile you go 15 miles off shore and every container ship is doing the same crap.

How much legislation stops them? Zip. Zero. Notta. Yet they pollute far in excess what ever car truck and bus in the USA does.

·
Registered
59 Posts

And it’s amazing how much money the industry spends to ‘quiet’ this fact.

Usually by remarking “It’s still more efficient than cars!!!” Bullshit. You can use the same emission tech we are using here in the states. You just refuse not to because money.

·
Registered
339 Posts

And it’s amazing how much money the industry spends to ‘quiet’ this fact.

Usually by remarking “It’s still more efficient than cars!!!” Bullshit. You can use the same emission tech we are using here in the states. You just refuse not to because money.
Absolutely! I promise I wasn’t trying jab ya on anything! I’m right there with ya! Sometimes my messages come off as a butt (even my wife says it) 😂
Tuning our trucks (any platform of diesel) isn’t near as bad as what the main politer of the world has done/doing! But we are just peanuts in the gallery, we all seen how bad everything got cheated this year, just shows money talks an money wins unfortunately, my rants over I’m sorry 😂

·
Registered
59 Posts
Absolutely! I promise I wasn’t trying jab ya on anything! I’m right there with ya! Sometimes my messages come off as a butt (even my wife says it) 😂
Tuning our trucks (any platform of diesel) isn’t near as bad as what the main politer of the world has done/doing! But we are just peanuts in the gallery, we all seen how bad everything got cheated this year, just shows money talks an money wins unfortunately, my rants over I’m sorry 😂
I am all for being the world's emission police. Like what are the other countries going to do? Disagree with us?
It's obvious agreements like the Paris Climate Treaty is just a useless money hole. We can reach targets much faster through economic sanctions and policing maritime trade. Most of the problem isn't even from individual countries, but companies circumventing laws.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just remember guys all this everything starts at the local elections and moves up from there we can’t wait 4 years to speak up or get involved we to start working now to right the ship not just with fairness for the EPA but all sorts of issues

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just remember guys all this everything starts at the local elections and moves up from there we can’t wait 4 years to speak up or get involved we to start working now to right the ship not just with fairness for the EPA but all sorts of issues
I definitely agree with ya!!

·
Registered
2014 3500HD SRW 4x4
96 Posts

How would anyone know it’s deleted? Around here, they get bought, sold, and registered every day. No one cares unless you roll enough coal to make someone mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
How would anyone know it’s deleted? Around here, they get bought, sold, and registered every day. No one cares unless you roll enough coal to make someone mad.

A lot of states have to have vehicles inspected, minus the fact they can see a few parts are missing they check the exhaust fumes an it either passes or not, an if it don’t you’ve got some explaining to do! Not all states do it…yet..

·
Registered
2007 Silverado CCSB 4X4 LBZ 6sp
109 Posts
My truck passed no problem recently. I just bought the truck and no clue what’s on the ecm and the smog guy said I was good to go after he hooked up his scanner

·
Registered
52 Posts
… I’ve got a STOCK 2019 Duramax & No Tuner…. Runs GREAT, goes Plenty Fast, passes smog easily… My thoughts are why do you want to delete & tune a good thing that gives you codes & is gonna give you more problems down the road???

·
Registered
59 Posts
… I’ve got a STOCK 2019 Duramax & No Tuner…. Runs GREAT, goes Plenty Fast, passes smog easily… My thoughts are why do you want to delete & tune a good thing that gives you codes & is gonna give you more problems down the road???
From experience….

• The codes rarely point to the problem. If it does you’re lucky.
  • The service manual is unhelpful. If you do follow it you’ll end up just replacing random parts.
  • GM doesn’t care. If you make a ticket with them they’ll just start replacing random parts too.

Meanwhile the used market is unkind. A $30,000 truck still can cost $8,000 in emissions parts to fix. Aftermarket emissions support is basicially non existent unless you count the rare NOx sensor. But those are generally the same price as OEM.

I am an environmentalist hippie myself. But I perfectly understand why people delete. And I don’t blame them for a second.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Once you start replacing your egr/def parts check back in 😂😂 you’ll clearly understand, if the case is you don’t know much about the two systems I completely understand! Just do a little research on how “healthy” they are for your motor. Just gonna throw it out there an say you’ll only find one group of people that think it’s perfectly fine for your motor to clog itself up, an it starts with an E.

·
Registered
2014 3500HD SRW 4x4
96 Posts
Once you start replacing your egr/def parts check back in you’ll clearly understand, if the case is you don’t know much about the two systems I completely understand! Just do a little research on how “healthy” they are for your motor. Just gonna throw it out there an say you’ll only find one group of people that think it’s perfectly fine for your motor to clog itself up, an it starts with an E.
What is the typical lifespan of the EGR?

My DEF tank was replaced within the mfr warranty. That was years ago.

·
Registered
339 Posts
From experience….

• The codes rarely point to the problem. If it does you’re lucky.
  • The service manual is unhelpful. If you do follow it you’ll end up just replacing random parts.
  • GM doesn’t care. If you make a ticket with them they’ll just start replacing random parts too.

Meanwhile the used market is unkind. A $30,000 truck still can cost $8,000 in emissions parts to fix. Aftermarket emissions support is basicially non existent unless you count the rare NOx sensor. But those are generally the same price as OEM.

I am an environmentalist hippie myself. But I perfectly understand why people delete. And I don’t blame them for a second.
I wouldn’t say I’m die hard environmentalist personally but I do agree with you, (in the sense of buying a paper straw over plastic) but I’d like the world an resources to last forever! But clogging up a $30-$70 truck/motor is what kinda chaps me!
Why can’t we all be like this, agree an disagree on a few things but have common sense to what’s right!!?! The world would be a better place!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts