Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

281 - 300 of 327 Posts

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Lol. I am cool with live fire. Don't need No saber round up my ass.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Hell yea they where! I kind of miss that place in a crazy way.

·
Registered
573 Posts
well it was fun San Diego but its time to get the hell out. on the 18th I will be packed up and driving back to ohio. where a house wont cost you a arm, leg, and testicle.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not sure how I have missed this thread for so long. Anyway just found this. I grew up in the Artesia/Cerittos area. Lived in Fullerton for most of my life. Currently in Kansas for another year. Will be back for the summer. Also frequent the Palm Desert are a lot and make a Pismo run almost every year during the third week of August. Curious to hear emissions stories. If I were to "theoretically" delete my truck while being here, what a hassle it would be going back. How aware is CHP of the good stuff?:wink2:

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Not sure how I have missed this thread for so long. Anyway just found this. I grew up in the Artesia/Cerittos area. Lived in Fullerton for most of my life. Currently in Kansas for another year. Will be back for the summer. Also frequent the Palm Desert are a lot and make a Pismo run almost every year during the third week of August. Curious to hear emissions stories. If I were to "theoretically" delete my truck while being here, what a hassle it would be going back. How aware is CHP of the good stuff?:wink2:
I live in Ridgecrest and the only issue I had with 'emissions' was my truck had a china syndrome smoke tune (from the previous owner) and I stomped on it one night and the RCPD officer that pulled me over said his car disappeared. Of course I don't have any deletes that I know of. I was able to get it smogged but in the process of clearing some codes my mechanic may have deleted any smoke tunes. I had the ECM flashed back to stock after I blew up the original turbo. 35+ pounds of boost was too much for her.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I live in Ridgecrest and the only issue I had with 'emissions' was my truck had a china syndrome smoke tune (from the previous owner) and I stomped on it one night and the RCPD officer that pulled me over said his car disappeared. Of course I don't have any deletes that I know of. I was able to get it smogged but in the process of clearing some codes my mechanic may have deleted any smoke tunes. I had the ECM flashed back to stock after I blew up the original turbo. 35+ pounds of boost was too much for her.

Ouch, that doesn't look good at all. I rarely ever throw smoke. The benefit of great tuning. I'm sure for the most part I will stay under the radar. Just want sure how hard they look for it.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
That turbo though :rofl I hope you have that mounted on a shelf

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Ouch, that doesn't look good at all. I rarely ever throw smoke. The benefit of great tuning. I'm sure for the most part I will stay under the radar. Just want sure how hard they look for it.
You're right - good tuning is the right way. I had a stage one installed and went with the Banks six gun. Lots of power and no smoke!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
That turbo though :rofl I hope you have that mounted on a shelf
I thought about it! Last weekend I needed the floor space and I said goodbye to it when I heard it hit the bottom of the trash truck. I have photos and the receipt for the new one as a reminder :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
You're right - good tuning is the right way. I had a stage one installed and went with the Banks six gun. Lots of power and no smoke!

Nice. Glad to hear it all worked out. Lots of power is always good.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
on a side note, September 24th, Sacramento Raceway DMAXSTORE will be sponsoring Truck Mania Diesel and Gas Truck Drags, Show and Shine, Dyno by North West Dyno Circuit, Tough Truck Drags and more. All you Dmax 6.6 boys join us to hand the smack down to the other diesel guys and those gassers!!!

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Update, Sept 24th at Sacramento Raceway SACRAMENTO RACEWAY MOTORSPORTS PARK ? Track Info: (916) 363-2653 Track Office: (916) 366-7368 5305 Excelsior Road Sacramento CA 95827 DAMXSTORE is sponsoring a truck mania Diesel-Gas event. Drag Racing, North West Dyno Circuit, Show & Shine with Blue Collar Diesel and Black Smoke Mafia and side by side mud drags. There will be a vendor row and plenty to do to keep the day busy.

Bracket still racing, and when that is done the track will be open for open grudge racing.

The Friday night before the event, the track will be open for test and tune runs, 4pm to 10pm

Hope to see the California Crew at the track representing!!

There will be no exhaust restrictions for this event...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Anybody heading down to pismo July 4th weekend?

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Pretty sure DMAXSTORE will be there!!

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Brought to you by:

Presenting:

All right folks, Bring your Duramax out to represent us and or any diesel or gas truck of your choice to the Sacramento Raceway in Sacramento Ca September 24, 2016. Pre registration general admission to spectator or to compete in an event will get you a free special edition T-shirt!

To pre-register please do the following:

Please respond by creating a forum account (unless you already have an account) and then by posting a response to this thread with your Name, the events you will be participating in and that's it! We will collect all the Names from the responses to this thread with the information needed and all you will need to do is head over to the DMAXSTORE Vendor booth at the event and ask us for your free pre-registered shirt. Then the fun begins!

Pre-registration will close Friday Sept 23rd!

Scheduled event:

All Truck 1/4 Mile Drags (Bracket Format & Grudge Racing)
North West Dyno Circuit (NWDC) Dyno Event. Competition Classes and Public Dyno Runs (Diesel & Gas)
Mud Pit Drag Racing
Burn Out Contest
All Truck Show & Shine Brought to you by Black Smoke Mafia & Blue Collar Diesel
Vendor Row
Food
Music

SACRAMENTO RACEWAY MOTORSPORTS PARK ? Track Info: (916) 363-2653 Track Office: (916) 366-7368 5305 Excelsior Road Sacramento CA 95827

Truck Drags ? SACRAMENTO RACEWAY MOTORSPORTS PARK

NorthWest Dyno Circuit

·
Registered
250 Posts
San Leandro, here...

281 - 300 of 327 Posts