Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here and first time duramax owner. Ok I have a 03 LB7 Cclb and was wondering can the smog technician tell a difference in his test with boost increase valve installed? And a plug n play afe scorcher tuner still hooked up but left in stock mode? Or is removing both my only option? Thanks in advance! It’s not that I can’t remove them it’s just that I installed them less than two weeks ago and just got my registration renewal papers, plus the fuel rail sensor was a little bit of a bitch to get my fingers on lol

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,765 Posts
Maybe someone else can chime in here but I think they are looking for a visual to make sure your egr/cat/dpf are in place. I’m your case I think that’s just the egr and a muffler. I don’t think they are sniffing the pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
Since you are new this thread may be of interest:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I live in SoCal, The boost valve is ok. I am not sure about the scorcher. They dont put it on the dyno but i think they do hook up a OBDII so hopefully someone can chime in on that.

I just have a ppe down pipe, intake horn and the boost valve, It came with the cal emissions sticker.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
When I ran the boost valve, I put wire loom over the hose and valve, and the tech cold not see the boost valve. I also have 5" exhaust (no muffler), downpipe, modified turbo horn, and passed smog. Not too sure about the tuner, I think if it has an EO number, it is legal. But a lot of it, is the smog tech. I found a tech in my neighborhood who says "I only look under the hood if the OBDII scan tells me there is a problem."

·
Registered
69 Posts
Both the boost increase valve and AFE power are 50 state CARB approved. Just make sure you get the carb stickers and/or numbers to give to the smog technician.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts