Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's get our own thread going and post up some of our Slide-In Truck Campers :neener

I own a 2003 BigFoot 9.6 with a basement and couldn't be happier! We have been to Yosemite in 12*F weather without a problem and then up to Canada for a month with our kayaks. Life if good when we are able to get off of the beaten path. No trailer to haul around and we can boondock anywhere the truck can get. Loaded up in 10 minutes and on the road to paradise where ever that may be.

Forced air heat, air conditioner, queen bed, shit-n-shower, fridge, oven, stove, radio and no damn TV!! Mini-Apartment on wheels I guess you could say.

I'll go first...........

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm in for pictures. ...I want to get a cheaper one for hunting and weekend family camping trips.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
138 Posts
Don't have one but is probably buy one if the price was right.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'll watch this. I'd like to get one sometime in the next few years.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here is mine it is a 1998 Lance 185 Squire Lite

Attachments

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I gotta say OP, Yosemite and Canada are both a hell of a drive from China...
Nice setups. If/when I buy a camper I'm definitely considering a bed load camper. It would be used though, cuz those things new are just as expensive as a bumper pull.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I picked up a 2014 Wolf Creek 850 4 seasons camper yesterday (2348lbs dry). These pictures are on the stock suspension. I plan on adding Tork Lift Stable Loads soon and airbags some day.

Queen bed, full bathroom, stove/oven, 5 cf refer, heated tanks and plumbing, storm windows, wireless remote jacks, and tons of storage (interior/exterior).

·
Registered
179 Posts
04 Lance Lite fully loaded (AC, Generator, Solar...)

North Sand Hills, Walden Co
1375504345919.jpg

Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
1375504492185.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
179 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
The full load...
View attachment 124369

The worst part about having a TC & a dually

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Holy balls thats huge. Uh guys wats a estimate u could get almething like this for? I like the idea and have looked at them since i was young. How do they mount into the bed.?
And uh do u have to drop the polls when u get in it?
Or is that how they are stored?
Cool stuff :thumb

·
Registered
580 Posts
Interior Pics

·
Registered
580 Posts
Here's my rig, '08 Okanagan 811SL, pulling my 19' Harbercraft, gone fishing! Sherm
Great 4 season camper Shermanator! We see Okanagan's up here in Alaska also, built next door in Canada.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
What a great idea for a thread! i want to get a camper eventually, but I also want to tow a boat,,

·
Registered
580 Posts
What a great idea for a thread! i want to get a camper eventually, but I also want to tow a boat,,
Reese and Curt make HD hitch extensions for towing when an extended camper is on the truck. I used a 24"-34" Reese extension.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Reese and Curt make HD hitch extensions for towing when an extended camper is on the truck. I used a 24"-34" Reese extension.
how much weight can you tow with your woldf creek camper set up and this extension??

1 - 20 of 243 Posts