Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 2507 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 HD2500 Dmax with 79,000 miles, replacing the entire def system tank and sensors today 11/19/2019 and last year the dealer had to replace a exhaust sensor that they covered under warranty !! We shall see if they do the same thing with this def issue or not !??! If there is no warranty I will be taking the def system off and giving the Dmax a new tuneup !!! Oh how I wish I had my old 04 LLY motor back, a simple Bully Dog-Bully Pup tuner on level 2 and it ran like a scalded dog and got 22.2 mpg on road trips, loaded down and with 5 guys in it headed to Canada every year on a weekly fishing trip, never had to do a thing to it !!!!
Mike Pitt
Knoxville, Iowa

·
Registered
28 Posts
2015 LML with about 74k miles. Mostly driven around town with occasional highway trips. Started truck up today and got the exhaust light and the Service Exhaust Fluid on DIC. No change in performance and driving, use only BLUE def which just filled last week. Dealer can't get in till next week but I'm praying it's nothing serious. Anyone have any thoughts? If not will let everyone know outcome when it's solved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2015 2500HD 51,XXX miles. P0402 code. Called the dealer here in London, KY. (Tincher Williams). Service guy said I didn’t have a warranty and never offered for me to even bring the truck in. Called the Tim Short dealer in Manchester, KY. He said “bring the truck in so I can see how much it weighs, so I can tell if you have a warranty or not”. He told me to bring it in next week to see if a re flash will fix the problem. I’m currently getting 13.4 MPG. It’s my daily driver to and from work. We’ll see how it goes Monday after work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2012 LML with 108,000 miles, all stock

EGR Cooler Bypass Valve failure w/ following codes:
P046C P049D P06A3 P140A
AND
Service Emissions System w/ mileage till limp mode

It was not covered under warranty but thankfully all the emissions equipment was stolen overnight, so I no longer have a headache or a large shop bill!

·
Registered
9 Posts
2015 2500HD Duramax. Two weeks ago, at 49,984 miles I got a visit from the ominous CEL and "175 miles until 65mph" gremlins. New DEF tank was installed under "special warranty" and everything is back to normal.

I purchased this truck new and it's my DD and my RV-puller. I religiously keep up with PMs and it's all stock. I'm quite disappointed that the tank-level sensor failed and quite amazed that they have to replace the whole tank to fix the problem!

While this was a warranty repair, it might be the most expensive trip to the shop I've ever had. They gave me a 2020 Yukon Denali to drive over the week and a half that they had my truck. And when I say "me", I really mean my wife. She fell in love with that SUV and now I'm looking at dropping 80 grand on a new car for her....

·
Registered
650 Posts
2015 2500HD 51,XXX miles. P0402 code. Called the dealer here in London, KY. (Tincher Williams). Service guy said I didn’t have a warranty and never offered for me to even bring the truck in. Called the Tim Short dealer in Manchester, KY. He said “bring the truck in so I can see how much it weighs, so I can tell if you have a warranty or not”. He told me to bring it in next week to see if a re flash will fix the problem. I’m currently getting 13.4 MPG. It’s my daily driver to and from work. We’ll see how it goes Monday after work.

Warranty goes by weight? I think that’s a total line of horse shit. Cant speak for the dealer you spoke with but their Dodge dealership in hazard has a horrible reputation for service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We’ll see what they say come Monday. I’ll keep you guys updated on it. I’m hoping to have the “weight loss surgery” done soon. Just got to find the pharmacy to supply the the goods. 😉

·
Registered
281 Posts
Update..had def heater #1 replaced today under warranty after I had a check engine light appear yesterday..I’m at 40000 miles on my 2016 LML.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I went to have the re gen and flash done. It was covered by the warranty. This morning, on my way to work the light came back on. I called the service desk at Tim Short. He ordered the converters. Gonna be covered under warranty. They treated me very well. Couldn’t have asked for better service so far. Still planning on the weight reduction here pretty soon though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
'15 LML, just had it at the dealership following the Service Exhaust Fluid on DIC. Initially said the DEF tank was bad needed to be replaced and that would be warrantied...Yaaa. Then called back that the pump was bad also and that was not under warranty.... Boooo. $1600 later back on the road. Should have just deleted it for that amount.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My apologies, I know how shameful that I speak of something that allows our vehicles to run more efficiently and effectively with less break down. I also have done extensive research and the benefits to doing this to trucks. Earlier generations of trucks both personal and commercial were not restricted by these ridiculous EPA requirements. Perhaps should start submitting repair bills to the EPA when those parts continuously fail. The problem is it became more mainstream and all the
ahem "Diesel Boys", rolling coal on the way to the grocery store. Regardless, truck still runs and looks Bad***.
'15 LML, . Should have just deleted it for that amount.
======================================
Shame on you for suggesting that....I am reporting you to Mrs Pelosi and that cute new congresslady "AOC". Billions of cute little fuzzy-chinned bunney wabets are dying because of folks who did that....AND...life on Planet Earth will cease in 10 years....

Do you have a CLUE how harmful it is to go the "delete" route? People who have done that (and found a guy with the right computer equipment to re-program their truck's computers so that they never again "limp mode" them into potentially dangerous and life-threatening situations....) have found they use roughly 30% less diesel fuel in normal driving, plus untold additional amounts of fuel saved by those who recognize they have to take wasted trips to drive their trucks fast enough for the "on-board" re-gens. to be effective...….

Yes, 30% less diesel fuel that needs to be refined...transported......burned....have you no sympathy for the big oil companies? And your motor oil stays much cleaner much longer...what about the people who sell motor oil?

Let me make a suggestion....stop this talk of "deletes"...before the EPA gets so riled up over what the "deleters" are doing, it will come up with a "delete hunter" procedure to go after individuals who have done that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just got a notice in the mails saying they will warranty def heaters out to 10 years and can reimburse you if you already paid for the fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
684 Posts
I too received that letter yesterday.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I hope they send that letter to us Canucks too. Sure would sleep better.

shmoky

2461 - 2480 of 2507 Posts