Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2501 - 2507 of 2507 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
12/26/18 Brought my 2013 GMC LML Denali in to Hall Buick GMC in Tyler, TX for the dreaded P21DD code (DEF Tank Heater Failure). I had 109,672 miles on the truck @ that time.

They replaced my DEF Tank and cycled the heaters and cleared the code. Everything was covered by the warranty out to 120,000 miles!! Didn't cost me a penny and they even washed my truck!!!
Thanks again Hall Buick GMC!!!

We are full time RV'ers hauling our 5th wheel Bighorn so we can't afford to have our baby down!!! Absolutely love our LML!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2016 LML had the P21DD code a few months ago, about a week before the paper from GM stating the extension of the warranty. Aside from having to drop off the truck for them to diagnose, pick it up and wait for the part then drop it off again, there weren't any other hoops to jump through. The whole EPA mandate to disable the truck if an emission part is out of spec doesn't really sit well knowing that me and my family can be left stranded.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just got the P21DD code. 36500 miles 2016. Bullsh#t

Gonna bring it in and then decide if I want to keep or delete it from my GM family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Back to the dealer for DEF pump this time ...$840.00 later ...I'm done. Trading up for newer. and it's not a GM product. Sorry fellas

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2501 - 2507 of 2507 Posts