Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Great, looking forward to your review on install and ride on a drop shackled classic body CCSB. If yours goes well I'll be more inclined to experiment and try 'em with my Sulastic drop shackles.
Curious to hear how much the Sulastic drop shackles actually drop the rear. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
441 Posts
With just the silastics with the 1.5" lowering shackle the measurement from fender to ground is 38.5" on 33"tall tires.
In my mind the rubber would eat up a lot of the rear sag in a launch in a controlled way once the cal tracs go on. Now they seem to aid in wrapping the axel on mild launches so I haven't gotten too aggressive with it. Figure by the time the trans is done by the end of the summer I'll be ready for more power and this seems like the safest way to get there with out hurting stuff.
Also the sulastics create a feeling of a dancing rear axel on uneven roads, some sort of axel location system is going to be needed at some point. The cal trac setup seems like it would be a good compliment part for my Daily driver.

05 ccsb

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
With just the silastics with the 1.5" lowering shackle the measurement from fender to ground is 38.5" on 33"tall tires.
In my mind the rubber would eat up a lot of the rear sag in a launch in a controlled way once the cal tracs go on. Now they seem to aid in wrapping the axel on mild launches so I haven't gotten too aggressive with it. Figure by the time the trans is done by the end of the summer I'll be ready for more power and this seems like the safest way to get there with out hurting stuff.
Also the sulastics create a feeling of a dancing rear axel on uneven roads, some sort of axel location system is going to be needed at some point. The cal trac setup seems like it would be a good compliment part for my Daily driver.

05 ccsb
Did you do the Sulastics and the Sulastic lowering shackles? I have the Sulastics but not the lowering Sulastic shackles. They advertise a 1.5" drop for the lowering shackles. Just curious if this is the case.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Did you do the Sulastics and the Sulastic lowering shackles? I have the Sulastics but not the lowering Sulastic shackles. They advertise a 1.5" drop for the lowering shackles. Just curious if this is the case.
Sulastic with the 1.5" drop shackle. The drop shackle measures 1.5" eye-to-eye, so it drops height 1.5" from the height with the new height with the Sulastic in place, not a 1.5" drop from stock height.

When the Sulastics (with drop 1.5" shackle, I never did just the Sulastic) first went in they were uneven side to side:mad:Passenger side sat a full inch higher than driver's side. A year of driving with 400lbs of sand bags strapped to the rear corner of the passenger side wheel well in the bed fixed that. Sometimes a little caveman engineering is all it takes:rofl

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I would say your truck runs pretty darn good. 8.27 1/8 mile with stock turbo and injectors (I am assuming due to not in sig). My best 1/8 mile split time is 8.32 (stock turbo and stock injectors), sportsman CP3.

Truck runs strong my friend.
Thank you! I am really happy with the way the truck runs. I am stock turbo/fuel. I want to go to a 68mm Danville and some 40%ers with a 10mm CP3 some time in the future. I am just in the middle of buying my first house so somethings are on the back burner. I did order a water/meth kit from SNOW, so I will get to play with that. Hoping to go sub 8's. 7.9 would be great, 7.8 would be better. Lol.

·
Registered
200 Posts
What was your 60' time? I'll be really curious to see what you run after the snow kit. I've been thinking about a meth kit, but there seem to be a lot of mixed reviews on the performance side.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
What was your 60' time? I'll be really curious to see what you run after the snow kit. I've been thinking about a meth kit, but there seem to be a lot of mixed reviews on the performance side.
The truck at the moment is cutting consistent 1.7 60' times. I should be receiving my meth kit as well as new Rancho 9000 shocks. The shocks should help cut the 60' down to hopefully a 1.6

21 - 27 of 27 Posts