Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2021 - 2039 of 2039 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Kind of blended in with the camper. Where's Waldo? Lol.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I think what I may start doing is just raise it out of the bed with it still attached to the kingpin. I'll probably try to find some way to wrap it up so it's not constantly getting rained on. Alternatively I could hoist it out of the bed with my come-along hooked on the ceiling joists in the garage, but then I'd have to lower it down and put it on a furniture dolly or something and it would take up a good deal of space.
I stand it up against the wall in the barn when not in use without the head on it. Want to screw a pipe against the wall where the head pivot points are to keep the hitch from falling over. Also thinking about hooks on the wall for the head to keep it off the top of the generator and again reduce floor space.

Demco makes a hitch lifter (If you have fab skills could prob build one easily).

·
Registered
26 Posts
from a 28ft 5er to 38ft toy hauler. I get out and look myself. Use to take several looks. Now only once or twice. I chose a spot for my wheels and thats my mark. The wife knows to walk away.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
3584CF70-332E-40AF-AD17-2946169DE181.jpeg
The day we pick it up at the dealer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You’re right.. the trailer does stand pretty damn leveled.
I am looking to just add some air lift 7500 air bags, so I can adjust on the fly and find a good balance.
I have the airlift 5000 or 5500, can’t remember which one they are, but the hitch weight of our camper is 3650lbs and gvw of just shy of 20k lbs and I run 80 lbs in the airbags and it tows like a dream and stays nice and level.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just picked up our new trailer. My old 2500 HD hauled this 40’ footer like a champ. Towed it 865 miles, and made 12.2mpg.

2021 - 2039 of 2039 Posts