Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my front bumper on my 01 2500hd is rusted, and i gotta replace it regardless, so as im thumbing through LMC truck, i had the idea to get the sierra 2500hd front bumper because of the cirular fog lights. my truck doesnt have fogs, and i really dont like the way they look on the chevys anyway so i figured id get the sierra bumper, and fogs and wire em up myself. is this possible to do?

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
im sure its possible but you might need bumper supports and other stuff to get it all to fit right. look at the silverado and sierra bumper supports and see if they are the same.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont really want to rip my bumper apart just yet, if anyone did this to their truck just let me know if its possible because i want to order the bumper soon

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
I think it is more involved than you think. I would think you would need to change the grille, hood, and fenders if you wanted everything to line up & not have big gaps

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah checked out my buddies sierra today, the grill curves down on the sierra, id have to change the grill, lights, have the hood modified and fenders modified too, rather than get new ones. guess im gettin the chevy bumper and fogs and wiring em up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts