Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m using an edge CTS2 as just a monitor right now but I also have a 5 position switch. I was wondering if I could have 5 tunes on the switch and then have 5 different tunes put on the edge cts 2 and just run one on the stock setting while using the other? Just a thought

·
Premium Member
9,735 Posts
Don't believe that the ECM will hold that many tunes.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I 🤔 think you would need the Insight Pro that will hold tunes but only tuning from HP Tuners.
As far as what your asking/wanting the answer is no, the insight functions only as a monitor, the switch is just a switch something like a dimmer switch with 5 position.
5 dsp tuning has to be done by a EFI tuner and I’m pretty sure you’ll need a a AutoCal or V2 loaded with the tuning.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
The CTS2 Evolution is a monitor and has non-delete tunes. The CTS2 Insight is just a monitor. It canhowever probram tire sizes to alter the speedometer if it is off.

I think this is in the BCM not the ECM and is why it can do this. If Im wrong about where this info is kindly educate me

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
On my CTS2 Insight is only a monitor.
I can NOT adjust tire size, yes, it has that option but will not make any changes.
The Insight won't communicate with the BCM, but the AutoCal will, mainly for checking for codes, no adjustments.
That's been my experience anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
This is what I found that told it it worked.

Mine was changed in my tune EFI Live. When I first told them the tire size it was off 4 MPH o rso at 65. When I measured the diameter and gave that to him it is spot on.

I looked a little bit ago and the tire sizes change mechanism is in my CTS. I requires both the stock tire size and the new tire size. Since I did not want to screw up something that is working well, I did nothing but determine it is in the Insight. (If it aint broke, DON"T Fix it)

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
Do you know if the switch is a DP5 with tunes from a good tuner? If you have 5 perfectly good EFI Live tunes from a trusted tuner, why would you want to corrupt your performance by stacking "fooler" tunes?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do yourself a huge favor and leave everything stock, been proven over and over that most aftermarket tunes don't do anywhere near what they claim, make the engine run very poorly and unless have formal approval from the EPA and CARB are illegal. Check out banks power youtube page on back to back testing of some of these tuners.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Didn't see anywhere in his post about whether to delete or leave stock. And if you find a good tuner it will run many times better than an emissions intact truck, & not be filling up the intake, turbo with crap. Do yourself a favor and not comment on stuff you know nothing about

·
Registered
199 Posts
The CTS2 does indeed have a option for changing tire size, but not for the vehicle. It only modifies the speed that is displayed on the CTS2. My speedo is about 4mph off at 70mph. I played with tire sizes until I was able to have the display on the CTS2 be exactly what my GPS says. The vehicle speedo is still off.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I wouldn't own a vehicle without some kinda modifications, including tuning.
EPA, Carb and GM didn't pay out one dime towards my vehicles, which means they have no business telling anyone what they should/can do with their vehicles.

GPappy. is correct on what the CTS/CTS2 will do with correcting the mph, only on the insight, not the actual vehicles odo.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
That makes it pretty much useless to me then. If I have it om y GPS why do I need a PID space taken up telling me the same thing?

Answer, I DON'T!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Didn't see anywhere in his post about whether to delete or leave stock. And if you find a good tuner it will run many times better than an emissions intact truck, & not be filling up the intake, turbo with crap. Do yourself a favor and not comment on stuff you know nothing about
Well I will just take the last 20 years of dealing with diesel emissions and performance and drop it into the trash. Almost without exception there is not a tuner out there that can do a better job than the OEM, they claim big and deliver small and often setup the engine to run well out of its safe zone which will cause damage over time. Banks is about the only company I know that spends the time and money to test things and get them approved. Did you even watch the video, it tells a pretty good story.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts