Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im thinking about getting efi live with the following tunes......tow tune, tow tune with turbine break, street tune, smoke tune and 430 wrwp tune. will i be able to switch to each different tune while driving? and does anyone have any other ideas for different tunes or any comments about the ones i am getting? thanks guys

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
DSP is the ticket.
Looks like a good tune list to me. I like running the turbo brake on all my tunes, even the race. It really helps slow the truck at highway speed.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys yeah this forum has been nothing but help!! i was talking with tyler from myer performance and he was gonna set me up with those 5 tunes, dsp5 switch, efi live setup, and the transgo jr shift kit.....im hoping that my tranny will be safe for those tunes with the shift kit....what do you think? any other ideas on different tunes?

·
Dead beat seller!
1,060 Posts
tunes is really what you want if you want fast than get fast if you wand slow and smokey or all tow depends on what you want you should be fine for you tranny for a while also please fill out your signature

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha what do you mean for a while? what should i try and do to prevent any future damage? and thanks ill get on that now

·
Registered
147 Posts
any tune producing over 90+ rwhp will start hurting your tranny ask me and almost everyone else on here how we know:rof the shift kit will help but if you RUN your race tune ...you'll cook that stock tranny :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i gotcha i have heard that anything over 100hp will damage the tranny......what upgrades can i do in the future after the transgo jr shift kit?

·
Registered
147 Posts
new tc for starters....but its easier to just have it built once and done right the first time...iut will out last your truck that way.....4-5k and never worry again ...thats what im doin in the next couple months

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah so i could do a torque converter and the transgo jr shift kit and my tranny will still be safe even with efi live...as long as i dont do a tune that exceeds 100hp?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was thinkin of an exhaust brake in the future. Anyone got any experiences with one or am I better off getting EFI with turbo brake tune.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what is a good torque converter to buy to go along with my transgo jr and efi live?

·
Registered
147 Posts
suncoast......

·
Registered
844 Posts
what is a good torque converter to buy to go along with my transgo jr and efi live?
Hey man, ok listen. You will need a torque converter, as well as clutches, for your tranny to hold everything efi can throw at it. Not to mention while you were building it you might as well get Mike L.'s c3 oiler.

SuncoastConverters.com and it's either the Gmax 5 kit(If you have the 5 speed tranny) Or the Gmax 6 kit( for the 6 speed tranny with selectable shift on the fly)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts