Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 08 duramax and had to redo all the front end basically, ball joints, pitman, shocks ect. I noticed it already had a DPF delete done so I put 4 inch straight pipe and it is white smoking pretty good while driving before I straight piped it it didn't smoke at all, when in park it quickly stops smoking white and a little black comes out. I checked the the injectors and the all read perfect under 2.0 +/- . But did notice some slowly disappearing coolant from reservoir. The EGR is still on it and I ordered a full delete kit. It has not been tuned from what I can tell, if I tune it and delete egr will that stop the smoke? Heads codes that come up are regular codes except the new ( see owners Manuel now and clean exhaust filter).

Any reassurance would be appreciated and help with a cheaper diagnostic programmer that I can hook up without spending efi live money. I will get the shift on the fly switch tho.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.